ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shopping List for Newbie!

E91 M Sport
Right, time to get into all this detailing lark since those 2 weeks of summer and probably going to appear and I want to be ready ;)

I have read posts on here and briefly read the guide on detailingworld and felt that the best combination is probably Sonus pads with Menzerna polish, so with that in mind I have put together what I think I'll need below. Do you guys agree this looks ok? I've gone for 3 SFX pads but only 2 polishes - is that retarded? lol. I also know that I've picked the intensive polish, but I have BMW paintwork and it looks like it needs it!

I haven't ordered any car wash, etc. because I have the usual stuff already and couldn't see any huge benefits from buying that online.

thumb_G220_plug.jpg
Meguiars G220 Dual Action Polisher G220EU£127.65
thumb_sfx1-pada.jpg
Sonus SFX-1 - Swirl and Scrtach Remover Pad SFX-1FP£7.62
thumb_sfx2-pada.jpg
Sonus SFX-2 Paint Polishing Pad SFX-2FP£7.62
thumb_sfx3-pada.jpg
Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish & Wax Pad SFX-3FP£7.62
thumb_menzerna_PO85RD302.jpg
Menzerna Intensive Polish (PO85RD 3.02) MEC28£6.77
thumb_menzerna_PO106FA_250ml.jpg
Menzerna Final Finish (PO 106 FA) FIN828£7.62
thumb_sonus_clay_fine.jpg
Sonus Ultra Fine Detailing Clay pkg/2 SON-3200-2£11.87

Sonus green just doesnt cut it. Its a clay for enthusiasts so therefore isnt very harsh You need something with more "bite"