ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be first detail advice needed

Arctic 182
Got the week off work next week so weather permitting i will be giving the arctic it's first detail since i've had it. I'm quite a regular cleaner and use good techniques so the paintwork is generally good. But there are some light swirls and a couple of deeper scratches that i'd like to reduce.

Here is my armory:

AG Shampoo and conditioner
Iron X
Bilberry wheel cleaner
Sonus SFX ultra-fine detailing clay
Dodo Juice Born Slippy
Zymol Carbon :p

And i have the following DA kit from clean your car

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...ion-polisher-menzerna-intro-kit/prod_720.html

I'm not sure if the polishes are the same as the above, on the label of mine it has

Menzerma PF2500 power finish
Menzerma 3000 final finish

Pads look the same as above link

The main advice i'm looking for is with respect to the machine polishing stage, i've watched videos on the tube for how to use a DA, but i'm not sure what i should do with the pads and polishes i have. i.e. what polish to put on what pad and how many times i should go over the car at each stage etc.

Is there anything else that you guys would recommend doing as part of the prep stage?

Long term i would like to get better polishes and pads but at the moment i can't afford it so need to deal with what i've got!

Thanks!

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Fot the polishing stage its always best to start with the least abrasive polish on the finest pad, so you'd be best off starting with the Finalfinish on the finishing pad. If you find thats not getting you the right results then move up/down a pad with the same polish and then onto a more abrasive polish if thats not working for you etc.

As for technique you cant go wrong with the stickied guides at the top of the page and just keep watching vidoes of other people until you find what works best for you.