ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i be beating a newer shape type r?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
No wonder it shifts, I'm down 40bhp but have to lug around a lot more weight!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just to make you feel better I out dragged one in my five door Toyota Corolla T sport too. OK car till you meet a corner...
Until you meet a corner?! They don't handle that badly at all! :) One of the better handling cars I reckon, even with the oft-criticised 'numb' steering.

EDIT: I'm referring to the Type-R... not actually sure now if you were referring to the cornering on your T-Sport or the Type-R!!! LOL!

BG DCI
What's the retail on one of those?

whats-the-retail-on-one-of-those-more-than-you-can-afford-pal-a-sentra.jpg.png
hqdefault.jpg

​When will people learn... VTEC > Everything

clio 172 ph2
as i said , i think the car is not 100% dont think my timing is out due to the belts just being changed at swr! and i felt that the car was down on power before they changed the belts. car back to them today to do a couple of jobs for me anyway. ive changed a few sensors and another couple will be done today. if all fails, i will get it on the dyno soon

Scrap engine!! Was this not the engine that breathed about 2litres of oil every couple of hundered miles??

Fiesta ST2 MP215
This still going? On paper the civic is quicker std, just adding a de cat and tuner mod is not really enough to knock your 0-60 down. let alone the civic is also better at high ranges, the Civic EP3 beat the Clio 182 round the track on 5th gear so I don't get the fuss sorry, buy a civic and some spoon parts..... Wait it wasn't white with a whale tail spoiler was it? could have been the Mugen edition which is quicker.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
The new shaped civics look fat and slow.

OP racing around traffic lights isnt a good idea. And posting it on a public forum is an even worse idea.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Op you were allways going to get that response lol. Not that its any benchmark but i would say my civic is quicker than both of my previous clio's, or i can drive it quicker, whichever. Saying that i am contemplating a return to the clio fold in a couple of months.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Op you were allways going to get that response lol. Not that its any benchmark but i would say my civic is quicker than both of my previous clio's, or i can drive it quicker, whichever. Saying that i am contemplating a return to the clio fold in a couple of months.

When I went round Mike@MWM's workshop the other day he had a civic he was fitting a jackson racing kit and quaiffe diff to, takes them upto around 320bhp apparently on the standard engine, epic stuff for such a neat conversion.

Clio 182
my bother has a 2.2cdti, actually got quite a bit of torque to them. Think it would horse my 182 at top end - but not bothered, as those speeds are the ones that gaurentee to lose your licence. Still prefer the 7th gen civics- type r only applies though ;)

Fiesta ST2 MP215
my bother has a 2.2cdti, actually got quite a bit of torque to them. Think it would horse my 182 at top end - but not bothered, as those speeds are the ones that gaurentee to lose your licence. Still prefer the 7th gen civics- type r only applies though ;)

If he get's it chipped via Superchips £299 or the like it will slay the likes of 120D's the torque on that engine is nuts once you get it into 3rd upwards. well worth the money I know a guy whose had it done, massive difference and still better on fuel with normal driving.