ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i bothered with the flywheel

German Barge

After about 5 hours today, finally got the crank shaft out of the 2.0...

obviously, took clutch, gearbox, flywheel, etc off...

I have sent the crank to be reground, just wondering shall i bother lightening the flywheel, and will it make any difference - what sort of costs would i be looking at?

Thanks, Chris

btw, 2.0 williams engine in my car.... so anyone who has done this would obviously know...

500bhp Scoob

i dont think its that pricey to get it done actually, think it makes it more free reving which i guess is always good :)

Glad to hear that progress is being made mate :)

German Barge

yeh big time progress......

once i have got crank back with new shells etc, and then fit back the maze of nuts and bolts... (GULP!!) it will be running lovely...

just thought as the flywheel is out i might as well do it, and it apparently improved "reving" as you say.

500bhp Scoob

cool, glad to hear its all coming together, after all the trouble u had. heard about that guy near me who dropped out :( god knows why, truely mint motor youve got.

As for progress on mine, its still in bits after blowing the top rad hose because of some blockage in the rad, and i ran it dry :(

Caddy Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 21 August 2005
yeh big time progress......and then fit back the maze of nuts and bolts... (GULP!!)
yeah mate it just seems to never end! make sure you put the number 1 main bearing in first though as i decided to put that one in last cos it needed sealing to find that all the others were facing the wrong way :oops: and the crank doesnt budge when you torque tighten the bolts!

German Barge

would you bother though ben - little bit worried about my spec - will it cause problems... obviously as i havent really got a tuned motor....

losing torque etc, being the issue to..

You wont loose anything, itll spin up a bit nicer, but idle might be a tad lumpier depending how much you take off the flywheel.

German Barge

i would give it to you ben to do it....

that reminds me, ill be up after all is finished to have my cams done AGAIN lol... if thats ok with you of course...

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

most engineers can do the lightening... if you keeping it chris get it balanced aas well... that IS worth it.