ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I go for a V6?

Now im looking for constructive answers, but I am thinking about a change from the VX/Dci combo. I really cant justify running 2 cars, and I dont know if i could have a VX for every day.

Now when i first went out in the V6 i wasnt exactly blownaway, but think thats possibly as i was looking for the wrong things.. they are starting to grow on me though!?

Any views welcome!

Engles Mummy
Now im looking for constructive answers, but I am thinking about a change from the VX/Dci combo. I really cant justify running 2 cars, and I dont know if i could have a VX for every day.

Now when i first went out in the V6 i wasnt exactly blownaway, but think thats possibly as i was looking for the wrong things.. they are starting to grow on me though!?

Any views welcome!

The v6 will probably end up costing you more, then your current two cars.

Golf R soon...
Would it be used as a daily drive?

I'm still thinking about getting one, since I only do 20 miles a day.

The only thing that really worries me is the general maintenance...servicing, parts etc

I'm also personally considering an Golf MK4 R32 as well...Its sounds as nice and is a little more practical.

I'm after something better built than the clio but also want a change of cabin.

Going from 182 interior to V6 interior is pretty much the same in the front seats bar the bigger gear stick and colour coding.

Although you can't beat the look of the V6 clio and the rarity factor.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
If your not worried about the 'bet my car is faster than your car argument' then I would say that the performance of the Vee is more than you will ever require for the road.

The thing I love most about it is the rariety, the amount of times when filling up (quite often actually) that people are interested and want to know more about it still amazes me. I've even been at traffic lights before and had people wind down there window for a chat, what I brand as a chav also gives a thumbs up and a compliment in some sort of broken English occasionally.

So, if you like your cars and don't need to be the fastest or most expensive and you generally like to talk to people. I would say get one.

It always put a smile on my face, and instead of sending those Toyota Hiluxs to war zones they should send a Vee and they'd all be nice to each other.:D

ST
Would it be used as a daily drive?

I'm still thinking about getting one, since I only do 20 miles a day.

The only thing that really worries me is the general maintenance...servicing, parts etc

I'm also personally considering an Golf MK4 R32 as well...Its sounds as nice and is a little more practical.

I'm after something better built than the clio but also want a change of cabin.

Going from 182 interior to V6 interior is pretty much the same in the front seats bar the bigger gear stick and colour coding.

Although you can't beat the look of the V6 clio and the rarity factor.

Dynamique/172/182/V6 all have practically the same interior matey..

I dont need a car for work, but i like to have something reliable, no tvr etc..

the running costs of the VX are pretty good, insurance between the V6/VX are similar, though i'd imagin the petrol will be worse in the V6!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Yes. They're awesome. Cambelt is around a grand.

:)

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
HAHA! Did you like the noise then son! i knew you'd come round in the end!

The police followed me 5miles before turnin off! Remind me not to leave your house sideways again

:)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Just get a Mk1 with the belt done - or an 05/55 plate Mk2 - then it's not due till 2010 heh.

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Or buy one with the belts done on a 53, like mine! :) One of the main reasons i bought mine!

Mark 1 Clio V6
When I had a V6 I had to have a second car. It really is impossibly impracticle.

You WILL NOT be able to use it in snow.
I often used to not drive it to places where I might have to park it a while that had lots of passers by - the amount of attention it gets is unbelievable and became unbearable after a while.
The goldfish bowl was how my missus felt everytime she was in it - folk constantly looking in, taking photo's and touching the car (mostly little kids).

IMO you will need to have at least access to another car if you own a V6.

They still take my breath away every time I see one though.
I know, however, I would never have one again.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
KTec have the belt change on their site at £650 but adding the service on as well it's pushing a grand. Considering a 1x2 is £500 for a belt change and service is it really that much worse paying another £500 when it's a v6?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I use mine everyday - I don't have kids or anything, and it's fine for me. Haven't been in snow yet really, but gritters are a bit few and far between around here, and it's been -5c or colder some nights in the past week or so - so it's been proper white over frozen - you do have to take it VERY easy in such slippery conditions. You do have to be a bit of poser though as well heh. I never was till I got this car.

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Parked mine on belmont st last nite Tina and there were folk out wi Camera phones! And you seen the state mine was in! lol

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Go for it, yes there not as quick as they look and the cambelt is rather expensive but they look nice and thats all that matters. :p :D

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
This thread just had me trawling through the auto trader, lol, im afraid my next car budget will be spent on a banger and the rest on bricks and mortar which really sucks.