ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i swap?

some guy i know wants to swap his 55 plate silver Ford Fiesta Zetec S 3dr, for my black 3 dr clio mk3 dynamique.

What you reckon?

mine's an 06, done about 11,000, his is a 55 done about 13,000, both 2 owners. both full service history. No problems on either. My motor books higher.

mine's is a 1.5 diesel, the zetec s is a 1.6 petrol

I reckon im gonna do it, the zetec s is just mint as standard, its a 55 , but one previous owner whos took great care of it.

i get free company insurance lol...

So everyone agrees im doing the right thing here?

To re-cap...

a black 06 clio mk3 dynamique 1.5 diesel 3dr

for

a silver 3 dr fiesta zetec s 1.6 petrol?

Clio 182.
Id have a ZS over a clio any day of the week. I wouldnt have even considered a clio if not for the 1*2.

visualize whirled pe
You'll be spending a lot more on fuel.

I've sold my 1.6 clio but at one stage I decided to go to a few garages to see what they would give me for it so I had a fair idea what I'd get if it didnt sell privately. Some garages said they were not interested in taking small cars unless they were diesel or 1.4 (or under) petrol. They basicly said they cant shift them as quick.

Your clio is probably the easier to sell.

Is there anything else other than the fiesta you'd like if you had the money from selling your car, are you simply interested in the fiesta because the opportunity has presented itself.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
go for the zetec s mate, will be good fun to drive. at the end of the day. u can always sell it
:)

a green 1
why does he want to swap anyway?

sounds bit dodgey to me, sell youres if youre not happy buy a zetec s and pocket the difference

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'm always wary of swaps, why does he want to swap in the first place? has the car got a fault he's not telling you about?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I just think there shockingly poor compared to the competition lol.

Speaking from experience of running one for a while the difference in build quality between Ford and Renaults is night and day, they feel solid from the door slam to the windows/doors not rattling. It may not be as fast as any 172/182 but the build quality alone would be worth the sacrafice in performance IMO:rasp:

Why are people talking about the Fiesta ST?

Do what you want mate. I say yes, but I don't really care to be honest whether its the right decision or not, as I don't have to live with the consequences, a bit like everyone else on the forum.

It's up to you. Ask yourself why he wants to swap?

never liked fords in general keep the clio an remap it ;) 108hp a load of torque 60mpg 35quid tax an you part of the fuzzy careing cliosport.net community :D

Last edited:
  a renault
Ford = Fix or Repair Daily
but what the hell i love cosworths

that was an over exaggeration dont you think? ford do some decent cars, the same could be said for Clios etc..., but it's horses for courses, you can't generatlise like that about a specific brand.