ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**show us Your Engine Bay**

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Mine has changed abit now:

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

172 CUP
^^^ looks awesome.
Got a Blue/white theme going atm. White alloys and guna do the rear diamonds and badges white in the next few weeks. Would love to do the engine white but bit worried about taking it all apart tbh

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
what do people do to clean or replace that manky f***in black carpet at the back of the bay.

some great bays in here.

S

Ph1 T
The power steering tanks really piss me off how s**t they all look. Surely there's got to be a clear one out there that can be used

SQ5
what do people do to clean or replace that manky f***in black carpet at the back of the bay.

some great bays in here.

S

I thought exactly the same the other day as my engine bay is mint standard apart from that.

I thought of spraying it but that's just going to leave over spray. I may try and paint it finely with a brush.

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
I just used some black spray paint lol Just use clear painters sheets to cover the engine etc. Literally takes 2 min

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Personally if it was me:

Change the fuel guard rail to Silver
Change coolant Bottle (Full flush)
Engine Degrease Over power steering reservoir, top of struts and other areas
Battery Cover
Engine Cover (Get custom paint)
Fuse Box Cover Painted
Possibly paint the Renault Sport on the manifold (Take your time!!!)
Some Cable Covers
Spray the black carpet Black (Doesn't have to be perfect as carpet soaks the paint in)

2002 clio sport
this is how mine sits atm, currently working on it and I should be getting some more parts through the week :)
enginebaytidying3_zps809e21ee.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

some great bays in here.

S

I painted mine (On my cup I just sold) with satin black rattle can. Looked brilliant afterwards!

I removed the top inlet first so I could get to more of it as I painted it.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Personally if it was me:

Change the fuel guard rail to Silver
Change coolant Bottle (Full flush)
Engine Degrease Over power steering reservoir, top of struts and other areas
Battery Cover
Engine Cover (Get custom paint)
Fuse Box Cover Painted
Possibly paint the Renault Sport on the manifold (Take your time!!!)
Some Cable Covers
Spray the black carpet Black (Doesn't have to be perfect as carpet soaks the paint in)

What sort of degreaser? Also, how would i go about washing bits of the bay, i dont really want to be attacking it all with liquids and covering everthing in water?

And what are cable covers, and where would i use them? Haha.

RB Clio 182
My carpet at the back looks new, i cleaned it with interior carpet shampoo and scrubbed it with a brush, then hoovered it.

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
any engine degreser really. Have a look on ebay or in halfrauds. Try to avoid water. A damp cloth, brush and degeaser is all you need. I use my hose on light mist spary to wash it all down by the reservoirs tanks and top struts etc. Try to avoid water near your electrics and manifold though. All depends if you have that attachment on your hose though

Cable Dressing kits are here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conduit-E...pplies_Electrical_ET&var=&hash=item43ab8acb59

Ph1 T
That engine bay is awesome lesley one of my favourite on here :)

Is that coil pack mount custom made?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
can the crappy bulkhead mat be removed perminantly? assuming that i use some nimbus heatsheild on the part which is behind my turbo?

Ph1 T
Yeah it can iVe got some nimbus coming tommorow I currently have foil bet the brake lines haha bodge!!!!