ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your gauges!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to get an oil temp and oil pressure gauge soon but i'm unsure where to put them. On the A pillar looks to F&F, in the vents looks odd with round gauges in a square hole and on top of the clock just looks out of place!

I was thinking about removing the clock and putting 2 gauges in there or I saw a picture of a gauge in the cup holder which looked alright.

Anyways i'm just after some ideas so please post away!

Cheers

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Chuck Radio in the bin and mount them in there. Only place that looks 'right' IMO

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
stupid place. i wouldnt want to be looking all the way down there to find out my oil temp whilst doing 110 down the back straight of brands hatch.
On the dash to the left of the instrument binnacle is the best place if your car is for track etc..

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
stupid place. i wouldnt want to be looking all the way down there to find out my oil temp whilst doing 110 down the back straight of brands hatch.
On the dash to the left of the instrument binnacle is the best place if your car is for track etc..

I did have a pod there but it obstructs the view (if you're talking about left of binnacle on top of dash) pillar mounts are also terrible for vision obstruction when in low bucket seats.

TBH if you're looking at gauges mounted anywhere when 'you're doing 110' then it's stupid, I don't recall looking at speedo once when on track let alone anything else, that said my Stack Steppers are hooked up to audio warning so they may as well be boot mounted, makes no odds.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
The car is a road car, I just want to be able to know when it's upto temp! I just want it to look good and not something massively stupid like dials on the a pillar!

Satnav dash sounds interesting though! Il look into it!

Ph.2 172 / A6 Qttro
img_2913v0jjc.jpg

My Version.

E46 M3, Clio 182
^ Cup holders are a good idea. Lets face it, they are rubbish at being cup holders.. may as well make some decent use of them!

Last edited:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
My mate was going on about some single din stereo adaptor thing so might be able to take the plastic panel under the climate control off and mount it under there and then make a face plate for it to mount the gauges on!

Il have a look at it this weekend hopefully!

Like George I want to get something pretty soon!