ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your rear! Ooo go on!

Hiya guys. Still debating what sorta backbox to get for my RT. Ive kinda narrowed it down to one from piper yet still debating what will best suit my car. Im thinking perhaps the oval system they do as fancy something a bit different.

Be cool if a few of you could post some pics of your Mk1 back ends, so i have a few examples to work with.

Any help is appreciated guys.

Also looking to lwer, what sorta drops you guys working with?

Speiro whose that exhaust made by? Also you know the dimensions of it. The piper one i was looking at was 125mmx80mm i think?

Any more pics would be cool guys.

Rick that 3.5" looks quite tasty, would you recommend piper as a good choice for sound, looks etc.?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

The Piper sounds quite boomy over three thousand revs which makes it a bit of a pain once you get to around 70mph or over. Lower than 3k it makes a nice deep noise, it sounds really good on light throttle.

I havent had any issues with the build quality. Although its only been on for around a year and a half. As its at the lower end of the exhaust market, the welds on the back box arent up to the standard of a Magnex or K-Tec exhaust. But it does the job well, I couldnt really ask for much more for the price I paid.

Rick