ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sick of 16v!

Titanium 182

i bought my car about 2months ago, i still havent driven it any where!

and decided i wanted a colour change and a few little nigels sorting with it, such a car parking dings etc,

so i repaired all of these my self, qute handy with fibre glass and filler, all is fine, then i just thought f**k it and went a bit mad, and bought a solenoide, and got shot of the rear wiper, boot lock and badges, then i got shot of the door locks and front badge, welded plates of etc, but now im fed up as its getting me down the state the car is in!

its coming along well, but as i want every thing totaly perfect im getting annoyed sanding bits down etc as its taking ages!

and as the nites are getting darker weather is colder and i wish i never botherd

just thought id share this with yous, but im working towards it looks very nice!

iv got 70mm suspension kit to go on, masitaly vt7s and new falkens with the rubber edge and 172 flame red paint job on it and a prima spoiler, i think its gonna look wicked slammed with them bits and tidyied up body work!

im just sick of spending every penny i earn on it and all of my time is going doing bits

chin up fella, keep working at it and im sure youll be well proud when its finished and people are looking at it and complimenting you on it :D

Titanium 182

yeh, it just gets you down, some nights when i get plenty done well i just think yea this is gonna be wicked then other nights i could happily kick it!

I wanna take my car off the road for a bit and do some stuff - sad thing is, I cant.. I need a car. :(

So, Keep working on it! Thinking about me working on it AND driving at the same time!!!! Heh.

i know what you mean, scuffed or bleeding fingers or just numb when its cold and youd rather be sat with a beer in the warm with your feet up but then when its all finished itll be worth it

I feel your pain. I have 33 year old Ford Falcon sitting in the garage. Every weekend I go and sand, fill, sand fill, sand, fill, weld but somedays it doesnt seem to advance at all. I just keep thinking of the finished result. 351 V8 gurgling away. Roll on the summer....

Titanium 182

lol

i know it will be worth it!

i came in the house to nite after using the lamp out side where it was dark and cold and i was well hacked off, as its nerly dark when i finsih work, on 12hr days atm to fund this lot being 18 and and things aint cheap!, im always nackerd but need to work on it straigh away before it gets dark

i have to make it perfect tho, if i dont i will regret it and i cant stand the feeling of not being able to do something or the feeling of defeat to body filler, thats why i tought my self

2moro il start with my chin up and get some where hopefully :)

it is coming on alot its just im very limited with being tierd and the weather

Braver man than I - I wouldnt know where to start! Get some pictures done, that way you can see how far youve come and hopefully kick start your motivation if it teeters a bit - plus you can show us lot! ;)

Get yourself a heated garage to make it that bit more bearabl!

Titanium 182

MY dad has a large unit not far from where i live, im going to get the car lifted to there 2moro night where it will be warm and light, so i can work untill i sleep and make it all happen!

i didnt realy think twice about what i was doing, im confident in my self and know i wont get lost and leave it as an unfisnhed project, so it will all be worth it!

iv got pics on my digi cam, but i dont have a clue how to upload and get them online!

but im taking pics along the way when i can

sounds good mate,

i sort of have an idea about that sort of stuff, but i dont think i would ever tackle it on your sort of scale !

the result will be well worth it , and you can be proud that you did it all your self !

also think of the money you have saved !

it would be nice when you can to post up the progress pictures,

good luck to you mate sounding good !

Youre lucky mate, id love to have a garage with a project car sitting inside, and to have the skill to do bodywork bits myself..

Titanium 182

its not that hard tbh matey, but it does take it long time to get perfect, il get pics up soon lads