ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sierra Cosworth / ST220 bashing

Had a scoot with these 2 yesterday.. all pretty high speed stuff on sweeping motorway slip roads...

Results were that the cossie was rapid as you might expect pulling away until his arse dropped on a tight bend and he eased off...

The ST220 though didnt proove to be that quick, I went away round the long sweeping bends but he was catching when it went straight, decided to back off at about 115 as we were going passed other cars like they were stood still...

Anyone ever go toe to toe with a sierra cossie? I feel it may have been a little one sided.

The only car ive been in against a sierra cosworth is my dads Autodelta Alfa V6, it was out of breath at 140mph but was pretty level up to then so i guess it might be a hard duel for the Clio boys!

If it was a tuned cossie dont even bother! My mates 350bhp sierra saph cossie is frighteningly quick!!

Top work to you for trying though!

CTR EK9 turbo

I raced astraboy off the lights at guild and we were even - maybe he got a bad start? I looked over after our toast and he smiled back. It looks standard bar a dump valve. White 3 door sierra tinduck.

Willy2

I wa sracing with my mates saf cossie on the A40 I was at 100 and he passed me like i was not there. Granted my valver is quite slow but he shot passed me at 140. We didnt race toe to toe otherwise i would have been a mere glimmer in his rear view mirror

aye youre right... the sierra has got the power but I reckon weve got the looks...

I take consolation in that...

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

I saw a Mondeo which I thing was a ST220 today, new one with the focus headlights, looked nice but was really quiet, even when the guy floored it it just seemed to murmur along.

Laguna 2, Westfield

Yeah the old shape Mondeo had an ST200 in blue, came in hatchback or 200 special saloon models. 202 bhp from a 2.5 v6

The new shape one is the ST220, 0-60 is 6.6 so it shouldnt be too slow, very smoooooth.

I wouldnt comment too quick on the "repmobile" tag too quick Robfenn, only today i was talking to the reps at our company and due to tax they are dropping from Xantias, 406s & Mondeos to Golfs, Clios, c3s and Focuses. These cars second hand values will plumment as the market gets flooded.

Tappd'd RS

the st220 is a gorgeous looking car - my dads thinking of replacing his st24 with one. Its just a big, quick cruiser - Its all very civilised! ;)

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Quote: Originally posted by adz33 on 28 February 2003

Theres a slow sierra cossie near me it must be shagged cos loads of people have blown it out.
replica too possibly?