ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly Fast Audi Content

ph1 track weapon
with the clio finally on its way i've bought something a little special.

always had a soft spot for these, but this one came up and is a little bit special!!!!

spec includes:
rs4 k04 turbos
custom intercooler
uprated manifolds
porsche cayenne brakes

and a fair bit more. power figures are a proven 430bhp with 400lb/ft to match, safe to say its just a little bit quick!!!

collecting tursday, and i cant bloody wait!!!

s41.jpg

s42.jpg

Arctic Blue FF 182
I have a massive soft spot for these too, and with 430bhp, thats going to be a weapon! Very nice!

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
That'll shift! How much you paying For that? If you want to answer that is lol

ph1 track weapon
i'm not paying a lot, as in wayyyyyyyyyyyyy under £10k lol

its about 4ish to 60 apparently, but has £15k in bills for all the work too :)

fuel wise apparently if driven with a gentle foot i should see 28-30 though, which is nice :)

somehow i dont think i'll get bored of this one!

Red
I love these things. Just really wish I could afford to run an RS6 Avant.

Only thing that annoys me is the coolant? Bottle being stained. 90% won't notice but it would grind on me.

Swift Sport
Doesn't look like there's room for the bucket mod, but having said that it probably won't need it. Tidy.

ph1 track weapon
Somehow I don't think it will.

Thing is though, with such a car, what can I do to improve it?

Wheels wise I think I'm just gonna go satin black, and it could probably do with a set of half decent recaros in the front, but otherwise I can think much else to do!

It has the full Bose upgrade aswell so don't know if changing to another headunit will be detrimental to the sound quality or not?

Lastly I kinda want to change the exhaust, but again what to? It sounds like an angry v8 at the moment but i almost want to make a standard 1.6 style oval pipe for it so it's even more of a sleeper.

182 Cup
Don't worry about improving it, just save some reserve cash for when it goes wrong! Not that it should for any particular reason, but I know repairs/maintenance can cost a fortune on these.

Love it though - great purchase!

SQ5
Yea servicing is epic price! Mums got one and we had cambelt and brakes done within a few months of buying. That was £2k+ and coil packs had all been replaced, and lambdas.

It was a press car too and we have the magazines with it in. Looking to get rid for £2500.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Looks ace . If things go wrong is it mega money to fix things like the 4 wheel drive and clutch ?

ph1 track weapon
All the belts and important bits have only just been done :) which is nice. Clutch is new too so not gotta worry about that

Tbh working with an ex Audi mechanic and only paying trade rates even the biggest jobs hopefully shouldn't be too much :)

Turbos.
Thats nice to have, because they go wrong and cost a lot to run.

I personally think you will get bored of it. You get used to power, and just want more. The problem for me is that the S4/RS4 have nothing else going for it in the driving department. Whack some winter tyres on it and you will have a lot of fun in the snow though...might even get it to oversteer ;)

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
these can be made mental

this is my mates

around 650bhp, but possibly alot more...

Last edited by a moderator:
  ph1 track weapon
I'd love to go that mental one day but tbh for now i'm gonna be content with 430! Gonna get a proper geo setup and hopefully lose some weight in the wheel department :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Good choice Ed!! Very quick buses these.

Be prepared for single figure mpg if you drive it properly though, maybe you'll get 28 if you cruise at 50mpg for 100 miles ;)

Dont worry about modding it anymore though, seriously with cars like these you just need a couple of k in the bank for when it breaks...

ph1 track weapon
It doesn't need modding at all, just needs my own stamp on it. Current owner has done a few ring trips in it with absolutely no reliability issues so I'm touching wood that I should have the same success. It's only gonna do 100 miles a week max commuting to work so economy should be ok, and then will have fun at weekends and on track.

As said earlier, I can get anything done at trade price, so not worried about cost really at the moment :)

It'll become a 2nd car mid way through next year too, which is when I'll spend a few pennies on it.

Yeah it may not handle like a Clio, I dont expect it to, but with the right handling work it'll hold it's own on track, and will keep up with anything short of serious supercars!

Mini Cooper S
I reckon nice set of wheels and a personal plate...that will give it your own touch ;)

Good luck with it, 200BHP to 400BHP+ is a mental change. Recently went out in a 380BHP Evo and that left me speechless...sure this will do the same!

Megane Diesel / 172
Best of luck with getting that sort of mpg.

Awesome motor though. My mate has one and it's stupid quick in a straight line.

Like to see if you could, I had an E46 M3 and I could never get better than 22-24 no matter how many feathers I tied to me foot!

ph1 track weapon
Trade price is all very good, but its still a ballache removing an engine to change the turbo ;)

The replacement turbos are only 5 months old Dave, so assuming they'll last a while, seen as theyre only at 40% of their potential :)

Yeah I've been eyeing up some compomotive MOs, private plate would be nice but not really a huge fan of them.

Will get a full health check on it when I'm back off my holiday and things like silicone hoses and high strength jubilees are gonna be fitted.

Used to own a 300bhp 200sx so used to fairly powerful cars, but the 4wd should hopefully be less of a handful matched with the much more linear power delivery :)

911T, V6 255, ST215
Very nice car. An old friend had a B5 S4 which was quick and I have owned a tuned RS6.

I am sure it will take some time to get bored of, but as others say, it will happen as it does with most cars.

Yes, it will be very quick but it is just a big saloon, fast but wobbly and it WILL bleed you dry.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love them. Got taken out in a 380bhp one and loved it. Lol at you will get bored. What car wont people get bored of?

It just needs some BBS CH's now..;) Its an estate but you get the picture..

DSC_0274.jpg

ph1 track weapon
I won't get bored for a while I'm sure lol.

Nah not a fan of the CH really. I'm gonna run it as is for a few months just to ensure I won't need to do any work to it, then once I'm more comfortable financially (just about to start new job) then it'll be played with :)

RS4
Awesome. A good friend of mine has an RS4 running 480 bhp and it seriously shifts. I would be surprised if you manage more than 25mpg:quiet: