ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly n00b question

Clio 172 cup
My 172 cup, under hard acceleration tends to pull to the right a tad.

1. Could this just be a traction issue ie it's normal or is it more than likely to be the tracking that's out?

2. If it IS the tracking, are there any particular 'settings' I'll need to know when I get it tracked up. Ie toe in/toe out, camber etc? Or is it just done with a kind of default setting?

Ps. I've checked my tyre pressures lol.

TVR Cerbera
My 172 cup, under hard acceleration tends to pull to the right a tad.

1. Could this just be a traction issue ie it's normal or is it more than likely to be the tracking that's out?

2. If it IS the tracking, are there any particular 'settings' I'll need to know when I get it tracked up. Ie toe in/toe out, camber etc? Or is it just done with a kind of default setting?

Ps. I've checked my tyre pressures lol.

Possibly torque steer, more likely tracking

0 degrees toe - straight ahead, camber isn't adjustable unless you have camber bolts or coilovers

Daz

Clio 172 cup
"Torque steer". That's the term I was after lol.

If i take it to a garage I'm presuming they could check to see whether the tracking was out or not? Or are they likely to just do it anyway? lol. I don't wanna leave the garage and my car end up worse off than in the first place and be £20 down aswell, all for a bit of torque steer. lol

Daz, thanks very much for the tracking info mate. appreciate it.

TVR Cerbera
"Torque steer". That's the term I was after lol.

If i take it to a garage I'm presuming they could check to see whether the tracking was out or not? Or are they likely to just do it anyway? lol. I don't wanna leave the garage and my car end up worse off than in the first place and be £20 down aswell, all for a bit of torque steer. lol

Daz, thanks very much for the tracking info mate. appreciate it.

Most garages will check for free, just say you wanna watch as it's your pride and joy and the rest of the BS and see what they get.

Just thought it 'could' be worn bushes changing the geometry as you accelerate

£20 if they are using 1990s equipment, place down the road from me charges £40 for alignment on the Hunter laser machine.

They should check for free though :)

Clio 172 cup
Cheers people. I'll get it checked this weekend then. Daz, it's just flown it's MOT with flying colours so I pressume it wouldn't be the bushes but thanks for the input dude.