ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver or Anthracite Turinis on Iceberg 172?

Fiesta ST3
Ive been thinking of getting some turinis for my iceberg 172 (non cup) and in 2 minds on which colour to go for, i know they have been done to death but they look so lush!

so which one should i go for?

Silver:

oliver.james's car :)

Anthracite:

smitchell1's car :)

just wanted to see the general consensus here.

thanks

Iceberg 172
Silver for me all day long. A much smarter, smooth classy look.

Olivers was my favourite example. But he's now gone down the ghey track look route!

Fiesta ST3
Silver for me all day long. A much smarter, smooth classy look.

Olivers was my favourite example. But he's now gone down the ghey track look route!

yeh i know :(

oliver's turinis are the brightest silver i have seen on here, the other silvers look quite dull (prob old and dirty mind)

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Based on the pics above I agree the silver ones look the smartest by far!

I'm having a similar thoughts at the moment.....planning to go from my white turinis to either silver or anthra, but mine is a Mondial Cup and will be fitted with carbon stealthy goodies.....so darkish wheels (I despise black alloys, so thats a no-go) would complete the look.....but silver look much more OEM....esp on your car too

.........hmm.......decisions......

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Silver looks so much fresher

And looking at that pic, kinda wishing I had bought silver instead of monaco, lol

Iceberg 172
I personally think iceberg is the best colour. Anthracite does give that modded look to the people who just think you're a boy racer. Silver gives it a proper OEM+ look IMO with a decent drop.

Fiesta ST3
I personally think iceberg is the best colour. Anthracite does give that modded look to the people who just think you're a boy racer. Silver gives it a proper OEM+ look IMO with a decent drop.

it think that sums it up, thanks mate :)

RS 172
I've been toying for ages over what colour to take my wheels, but I really do think a nice clean silver on silver looks absolutely great.

I wanted to take them black but black wheels on an iceburg seem to get a little lost and lose all their definition.

Titanium 182
A brighter shade of silver!

99.9% of turini's will be anthracite on silver Clio's, so go for something different and, in my opinion, smarter.

182 has now gone!
Silver wheels look good against iceberg or titanium.. Dont do the Anthracite like everyone else.. I have been told to do my 182 wheel Anthracite but I am keeping them as they came, Silver!

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
looks better in first picture, but i think that purely because its a better picture, i prefer the anthracite, ut i prefer the wheels in first picture, if that makes any sense what so ever. :/

I say Anthercite :)

IMG_2234.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Thought it might have been that, lol

or that you had maybe smashed a kerb

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I couldn't decide, I've noticed they both look different in pictures - took me ages to make my mind up but after seeing them on the car in silver I decided this.

Photo-0040.jpg

Very glad I did it now - got my standard 172 alloys in a silly bright silver should the mood take me :)

Insignia SRi
Lol mine are actually going silver next week, i want mine looking more standard ish so a nice bright silver is my choice. (going for the cup look) :)

Silver. I did my iceberg's wheels black at one point, lasted 2 weeks before they were powdercoated silver again.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
No to turinis :rasp:

Anthracite 2118s instead would get my vote for your iceberg.