ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Why stop there?
IMG_6428.jpeg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Of all the cars to build a rig from, what a random choice. Who is spending that much time driving a Volvo in a racing game? Apart from @BoatNonce obviously...

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
@mace¬ what size mouse mat did they send you as a good will gesture?
flol. I wish, Fanatec gone back to type. Heard nothing since. Going away end of June, once I get back if nothing has been done then I'll raise it again with them and use my compo face to empathise how I feel I don't think I can trust them for future purchases.

On a side note after a blast on Horizon at the desk I had a go at Motorsport and felt that was more like what I was after. Smashed the OT this month at work so if we don't go mental on holiday I can't wait to order the rig when I get home. Get a proper setup and finally get going.

Daughter has had a little go as well and she is addicted, constantly in my ear asking when we can play again which is nice as she normally locks herself in her room on tiktok or s**t

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get some decent time in with the new wheel and tweak some settings. It feels brilliant, and the bigger wheel is surprisingly still very realistic in terms of detail, presumably because it is that much lighter.

Added a lot of damper/static friction which I think helped. When you turn a steering wheel you feel the weight of all the steering components and the friction of the tyres, without any added friction or damping it just felt very light and springy.

Had an absolute blast with a full Le Mans grid earlier, even though I was driving the new RSS Porsche 963, a prototype, it didn’t feel like I was steering a scalpel with a ship’s helm.

That said, the Moza KS is stonkingly cheap for a GT3/prototype/formula wheel at £280…
1718402855609.jpeg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
3 hours at Le Mans with a full grid in the Lexus RC-F GT3, very enjoyable. Had FFB cranked to really wrestle the car about.

Don’t touch the base after though!
IMG_6462.jpeg

(it feels hotter than that, I did find a thing that for painted aluminium you use an emissivity of 0.45 and with that it was rocking at 83.1 degrees which is much more believable, but either way sodding hot! Mind you it didn’t suffer other than turning down the force a little as it got super hot)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
3 hours at Le Mans with a full grid in the Lexus RC-F GT3, very enjoyable. Had FFB cranked to really wrestle the car about.

Don’t touch the base after though!
View attachment 1697662
(it feels hotter than that, I did find a thing that for painted aluminium you use an emissivity of 0.45 and with that it was rocking at 83.1 degrees which is much more believable, but either way sodding hot! Mind you it didn’t suffer other than turning down the force a little as it got super hot)
You should get into iRacing bud. We did the Le Majors (Le Man 24 hours) the weekend before last. Its fudgingly awesome (We won our split).

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You should get into iRacing bud. We did the Le Majors (Le Man 24 hours) the weekend before last. Its fudgingly awesome (We won our split).
I’m vehemently against their subscription model tbh, and that I can’t really commit to a race since I generally have no idea when I’m actually going to get a chance to race these days.

There’s decent le mans series on Assetto as well though, be a good laugh with a bunch of mates locally.