ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
@mace¬

Have you considered getting a buttkicker?

I'm a complete virgin to all this Sim Racing stuff, but absolutely loving it, between working all hours OT to pay for it and her milking me to decorate the living room I'm trying to manage my funds on what I think is needed in order.....

1) Boost kit - ordered as it is an easy win
2) Not keen on the CSL pedals and want a load cell, so either replace the lot and go for something else or buy the Fanatec load cell as a cheaper upgrade.
3) Shifter (H pattern and sequential in one) and handbrake as I just want it, Also want to get the EA WRC and I imagine myself handbraking the hairpins.

Then 4 and 5 are nice to have for now in no particular order
Replace the DD for something more powerful as bigger equals better but all depends on how the 8nm compares to the 5nm
The Butt kicker I looked at but look slike it needs loads of manual config and setting up I don't really understand,

Also chuck in that I'm still running the crap 32" TV I had lying around and I don't want to stop using the 34" curved I have for work so need a new dedicated monitor. Will probably wait until November and get the Odyssey G8 through work.

Anyway, that is the plan.

Then when she leaves me, before she takes all my money I'll go full motion.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
I don’t massively rate EA WRC, I prefer Dirt Rally/Dirt Rally 2.

I wouldn’t rule out a TV these days. My LG B9 was less than a grand and is just unmatchable as a display.

8nm is pretty good tbh, most people with more powerful ones turn them down anyway, it’s not like most cars rip your arms off like a single seater if you get it sideways.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I don’t massively rate EA WRC, I prefer Dirt Rally/Dirt Rally 2.

I wouldn’t rule out a TV these days. My LG B9 was less than a grand and is just unmatchable as a display.

8nm is pretty good tbh, most people with more powerful ones turn them down anyway, it’s not like most cars rip your arms off like a single seater if you get it sideways.
Cool, I'll try Dirty Rally 2 first then at a third of the price :)

I'm just using a 32" TV jobber the Mrs won in her works raffle, It is not great so will need replacing with something.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
3) Shifter (H pattern and sequential in one) and handbrake as I just want it, Also want to get the EA WRC and I imagine myself handbraking the hairpins.
If you're planning on playing a decent amount of rallying games, I'd definitely recommend the Fanatec shifter as it's easily switchable between H-pattern and sequential. I know you've had issues with Fanatec but you can pick one up second hand off FB Marketplace or eBay. I'd also recommend the Moza handbrake as it's relatively cheap but works really well. It's much better than those cheapo ones you can get.

All I play is EA WRC and Dirt Rally so if you want any wheel/pedal setup tips then I'd be happy to help, I've got a World Record on a couple of tracks (sad I know).

Picture of my setup before I upgraded to a better curved monitor.

IMG_0597.jpeg