ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky

Ok rite, seen a few threads on this and been on the sky website but still unsure.

ok so sky multiroom is £10 a month. but i want a sky+ box but our main box is just normal sky. but they have some premium channels, sky sports, sky movies etc... so does that mean the £10 sky+ fee is waived on my extra box?

does that make sense? anyways the question makes sense in my head lol.

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
i have my parents old sky box in my room and they now have sky+ downstairs, still pay the extra £10.

so you pay the £10 for multiroom and then they also have to pay £10 for sky+. do they have sky sports or sky movies?

500bhp Scoob
The sky+ fee will be waivered as you have already got atleast 1 of the premium channel selections (sports or movies), but it will still be £10 for the multiroom, which pays for the extra card basically.

Get asked that quite alot by strangers in the street who want to upgrade and give the old box to their kids or something :)

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I have sky+ downstairs, normal box upstrairs, full package, £56.50 a month. And there is still f**k all on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Its £10 for multi and another £10 for sky+)

so it doesnt matter that the additional box im getting is sky+ and the existing one isnt. i still get free sky+ because my parents have the premium channels on their subscription?

Parents sky box (original subscription) - standard sky box, with sky sports and movies.

then i want to get a sky plus box, because the other box has the extra channels do i just pay for multiroom and not have to pay for sky+. is that rite?

500bhp Scoob
Yea, you'll be paying £10 a month for the multiroom. as you've already got a premium package (movies and/or sports) the sky+ recording function fee is waivered.

You'll just have to pay installation etc, althou if you kick up a bit of fuss, you can usually get it done for free :)

The job will be booked in as a Sky+ and Relocated EDB (Existing Digibox) but it'll be easier work for the Sky engineer as he won't have to run a dual feed where the old single feed is, he'll just run the dual feed straight to where you want it :)

As for the p**n, we don't even get that free :( nor the box office movies, they're half price due to licensing etc, but sky box office sports, e.g the wrestling, boxing etc is all free