ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky

182 Cup
How much do you guys pay a month, just looking to get a comparison as to weather i'm paying over the odds.

I pay £63 a month and get the following.

Sky talk phone line with free evening and weekend calls.

The middle broadband package, I think this is up to 20MB but is capped to 20GB download.

Then I get all thebasic channels, music channels and sports channels except movies, kids channels and like ESPN etc

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
ESPN isn't a basic channel - that's an additional subscription over and above your mixes.

I'm on the full 6 mix tv package with sports and movies........HD on top of that aswell - also got MUTV and ESPN subscriptions. I also have my broadband with them but it's the offnet service.

Thankfully I'm staff so that lot is free for me each month. :D

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
£88

But before you all laugh I have more or less everything and HD boxes

Last edited:
  soon to be 172
sky = con artist's fact.

I took out sky world + hd with a hd box, Only took out tv. When i left the sales desk in a shopping centre the sales rep thought it would be a good idea to tick the bband and calls package, Now have a outstanding biill of £280 that i refuse to pay as i didnt sign upto the bband or talk packages, Sent them a copy of mu contract showing i only ticked the tv deal and they still refuse to write the amount off.

I just called this site... http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/ the best deal without sports/movies (basic) was £55 (with line rental) ..... as below. I dont watch a lot of Sport/Movies so this is all I need... but doesnt seem that cheap for a cheap as chips option.

Here's what you get
£7.95
per month for 2 months and then £43.45 (plus £11.99/month Virgin Media line rental)
TV Size: XL (12 months)
Up to 10Mb broadband
Unlimited download allowance
Daytime calls to UK landlines
Evening calls to UK landlines
Weekend calls to UK landlines
Full details
Equipment: V Set Top Box, Cable Modem
Equipment cost: FREE
One-off set-up cost: FREE
Contract: 12 months
All prices include VAT

Costs more to fill up the Rari :p

Edit: Zonda, that's Virgin, not Sky

Soz... I missed a bit i meant to say at the start... :eek: I'm with Sky now and paying the same as the guy who started this post (or near enough £61.75)

I Was just having a little gander around to compare the deals.. seems like anything basic is going to be around £60 all in with any provider.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Around £70 usually

SKY HD with 6 mixes and all movie channels plus sky talk line rental, talk bundle, and top level broadband.

182 Full of Fat
WTF? i only spend £21 lol

why do you spend so much every month!

Because old skool customers aren't valued as much as the future generation apparantly. Actually got told this in an email I received yesterday after I complained about all the new offers that new customers receive. Found it rather funny lol

2014 Focus Titanium
Because old skool customers aren't valued as much as the future generation apparantly. Actually got told this in an email I received yesterday after I complained about all the new offers that new customers receive. Found it rather funny lol

Meh, happens with most subscription based businesses. If you've ever been in a business like that then you would know it's perfectly acceptable. Entice a new customer to try the product, then the quality of the product will keep them. (That's the idea)