ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sliding sub

Clio mk1 rally :P
hey. i got my sub a few weeks ago.
it has velcro underneath so that it sticks to the carpet (too strop it sliding)
but.... my carpet just comes out and slide across the boot haha

Image039.jpg

the funny black clips just pop out..
whats the best way of fixing?

thanks
DM

Last edited:
  Clio & Mitsu ASX
Saw a piece of MDF to fit the bottom of your trunk, put on 2 L pieces and your sub wont move again ;)

Screw it to a slab of MDF cut to fit your boot, ideally bolted to the floor, or just take the sub itself out and bolt the box to the floor.

Bearing in mind a box of tissues on the back shelf weighs as much as a housebrick as it flies towards the back of your head in a crash, do you really want what starts off as 20kg of MDF and metal doing the same?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Secure that down quick mate! Mine bent the back the seats when I had an accident.

Velcro carpet to car might work, but will need to use it in lots of places I'd imagine.

Ps. How does your sub sound in that position? I have mine sitting so the sub is facing the boot door and it sounded better to me. Just a thought to try before its well and truely stuck into place.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
4 L shaped metal brackets, Bolted to the floor and the box.

Velcro won't hold s**t down in an accident!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
one option is to make a false floor mate, this then holds the sub securely, my brother and i made one for his saxo
boot1.jpg

Clio mk1 rally :P
Secure that down quick mate! Mine bent the back the seats when I had an accident.

Velcro carpet to car might work, but will need to use it in lots of places I'd imagine.

Ps. How does your sub sound in that position? I have mine sitting so the sub is facing the boot door and it sounded better to me. Just a thought to try before its well and truely stuck into place.

i would hav it facing out towards boot but i have alot of equipment that i out in the boot
namely stilts and unicycles... and didnt want to damage the sub.

i might have to end up getting some wood in there then .. but i dont want to make the car too heavy hehe.

and i dont think ill be making holes in my sub box :S.. lol

thanks for all the ideas! i havent decided what ill do yet so keep the coming lol