ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight air leak from Scorpion Exhaust on 182.

Arctic Blue 182FF
Bought my car on friday knowing that the exhaust was leaking slightly.. since then i have broken my ankle and i am looking to sort things out and order things up.

The car has an Scorpion RS192 catback exhaust and the owner assured me air leaks are common on these car due to the join between the exhausts..

But as i am fairly new to these cars (came from a 106) is there any advice anyone can give me?

Cheers,
Conor.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
ore than likely need a new mani to cat fitting kit and renault item only as other ones are rubbish

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
highly likely it is from the cat to middle section join as the olive joint on the back fo the cat can be a real fiddle to seal properly. Not many aftermarket exhausts have the flare swaged perfectly, and quite often even a new clamp is poor quality. I use genuine clamps after having non genuine ones bend the clamps badly and strip threads on brand new bolts on right from first use

182 Cup
highly likely it is from the cat to middle section join as the olive joint on the back fo the cat can be a real fiddle to seal properly. Not many aftermarket exhausts have the flare swaged perfectly, and quite often even a new clamp is poor quality. I use genuine clamps after having non genuine ones bend the clamps badly and strip threads on brand new bolts on right from first use

+1
had issues with me cocking up the fitting of my miltek on precisely this joint. :)

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
its a kit you get

fire ring
springs
bolts all for cat to mani fitting end then a clamp for cat to middle section but ive always put a smuge of exhaust paste inside clamp to help seal

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Where did you get it fitted? Demon Tweeks are suppliers for Scorpion and fit as well. If you are anywhere near them it's worth getting over to them and have them sort it.

LY 172
I found a small tack weld on the cat to center section joint is great peace of mind. After mine kept breaking when scraping over speed bumped.

FF Racing Blue 182
mine leaks from the join at cat i have half scorpion 182 system i noticed the leak in the cold weather

is it an easy fix also noticed the straight tail pipe doesnt smoke/steam like the other one is that normal