ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight knocking - next thing to try?

Ph2 172 Cup
So this weekend I poly bushed my dogbone mount and removed, examined and refitted by top engine mount. It seems to have improved the feel, particularly the gear change.

Annoying thing is, it hasn't removed the slight knock I get when releasing the accelerator when pulling away in 1st & 2nd.

It's not a loud knock, sounds a bit like the exchaust tapping against something (heatshield?) doesn't sound like a 'bad' knock, but it's annoying when sitting in slow moving traffic (which is when it's most obvious).

Suspension top mounts seem an unlikely candidate?
Could the other gearbox mounts be a suspect?

Is it possible for bits of heat shield to come loose?

Could it be anything around the wishbones or ARB? (turning doesn't affect it).

Or... will I just have to learn to live with it?

Clio 197 F1 No:494
i sometimes have the same problem, the heat sheild does come loose on certain sides its just the case of fixing that one or buying a new one, its around £15

Ph2 172 Cup
What's the best angle to get at the heat shield around the manifold? I don't seem to have long enough arms!

Ph2 172 Cup
Yeah, did that. Moved it forward quite a lot actually so I was really hopeful that it take care of the problem, but it didn't...

have you had a look at the upper gearbox mount? it's mounted on a spindle that's bolted top and bottom and the bottom nut tends to work loose