ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slow leaking transparent water like fluid, smells like... Vinegar?!

Does anybody have any ideas what this is? Haven't been able to get the car on stands yet.

There's a pool of liquid on the passenger side underneath the headlight. Feels and looks exactly like water, smells a bit like vinegar. Appears to be collecting behind my splitter??

It's a 182 that's not been driven for over 24 hours, so any condensation from the A/C should have evaporated by now! It's probably the same volume as you'd expect from using the A/C and parking up though.

Thanks

The washer res is next to the firewall, unless there's a secondary one?

Could be air con leak, I've no idea what AC gas/fluid smells like!

Can confirm it's washer fluid! Just tried using the headlight jets and it's the same fluid . Reservoir smells way better though so I imagine it's old fluid that's not been used or flushed!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are your headlight washers leaking? Mine were leaking a tiny bit and water was collecting then coming out. Looked a lot worse than it was.

330i. E30 Touring.
Are your headlight washers leaking? Mine were leaking a tiny bit and water was collecting then coming out. Looked a lot worse than it was.

Yep, this one.

Screenwash coming from the washer jets is my bet.