ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slowest Clio on here . . .

C4 Grand Picasso

There is always talk about the quickest Clios, but there aint no chance of my car being nominated - so for the other end of the scale - post up your slow cars specs (if only to make me feel better, my car is sh*t-slow but there must be other people feeling my misery when they try overtaking manouvers or having lost races with Fiat 126s/Robins/Samaras/or them little blue plastic disabled cars with the handlebars).

Mine:
Clio 1.2 8v Authentique
Power: 60bhp
0-60: 14.5 seconds
Max speed: 95mph

I love my car - but cant wait till its replaced with something faster.

Quote: Originally posted by Levo on 19 December 2004

There is always talk about the quickest Clios, but there aint no chance of my car being nominated - so for the other end of the scale - post up your slow cars specs (if only to make me feel better, my car is sh*t-slow but there must be other people feeling my misery when they try overtaking manouvers or having lost races with Fiat 126s/Robins/Samaras/or them little blue plastic disabled cars with the handlebars).

Mine:
Clio 1.2 8v Authentique
Power: 60bhp
0-60: 14.Never
Max speed: 95mph

I love my car - but cant wait till its replaced with something faster.
;)

Lots of Alfas

Is the Authentique officially the slowest Clio? even compaired to the mk2ph1 1.2 8vs they seem slower :confused:.

172 M69 eater

my mark 1 1.2 is so gayly slow!!! think i should win this prize!!

mind u its got 16" wheels on, i bet theres a 1.28v out there with 17/18s thats worse!

patty

Rb 182

I feel that my car is dog slow but thats only compared to my last. Anyway

Mines;

Mk1 1.4 Rt - de-cat- K and N induction kit with 2 cold air ducts

0-60- still trying

Bhp (Brake Hamster Power) about 5

Top speed- 60 maybe 70 mph?

Dave:p

as dave above but mines got an auto box just to slow it down a bit more :cool:

[Edited by BozVanDam on 19 December 2004 at 9:01pm]

500bhp Scoob

think the slowest clio has got to be the mk1 clio 1.1 day and night edition (very rare) lol, cant imagine how slow that is, althou the 1.2 8v would follow shortly

This is the only time my car appears powereful where your on about 1.2 8Vs.

65hp (although more like 70 due to the way diesels are)

C4 Grand Picasso

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 19 December 2004
This is the only time my car appears powereful where your on about 1.2 8Vs.65hp (although more like 70 due to the way diesels are)

Show off ;)

Mine was a mk1 1.2 8v, official stats said 14.9 secs 0-60, but i raced a 1.2 8v mk2 ph1 and caned it....but then i did have a filter, zorst and de-cat

C4 Grand Picasso

My previous car was a Mk1 1.2 8v too, the newer car feels slower and heavier. It didnt matter to me at the time of buying - but now have outgrown it, fancy something extreme opposite to it now, like a sportsbike.

Rb 182

Quote: Originally posted by Levo on 19 December 2004

My previous car was a Mk1 1.2 8v too, the newer car feels slower and heavier. It didnt matter to me at the time of buying - but now have outgrown it, fancy something extreme opposite to it now, like a sportsbike.
Me too. I am going up to see a Red top 16v Vauxhall engine and think about putting it in a Nova. Dunno why but ive always loved the old Nova. :confused:

I have the mk2 ph1 1.2 8v Grande.

My air filter makes it sound like a beast :confused: People turn around expceting a fast car and all they get is me!

Ah well!

[Edited by BabyClio on 19 December 2004 at 9:56pm]

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g

I have a 1.2 8v Versailes but its fast as fook, not mentioning any names but someone (steve v6) was abit worried that 1.2 was not far behind the vee 6 on way to france after hed been flooring for about 5 mins

LY 200

My old mk1 1.2 rl wouldve won hands down!!!!

Nice looking little car but tbh there slow enough in the 1st place so when you put 16s on you may aswell jump on the back of a snail because they deffo wont be moving anywhere sharpish!!!!

BMW X5

Got a clio authentique....

I really dont wanna sound like a dick, but i dont think my cars that slow to b honest. Its done 32 k miles and nicely worn in. Got 17s on and an ind. kit w/ cold air feed and it sounds nice.

Been in 16v and the only reason id get the dynamique over mine is the colour interior!

Fair enough...i cant keep up with all the big boys, but then i have a fobia about going round corners fast so dont like racing anyway.

I think my car looks really nice, and thats pretty important to me.

Dave

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Djw Dave on 19 December 2004

I feel that my car is dog slow but thats only compared to my last. Anyway

Mines;

Mk1 1.4 Rt - de-cat- K and N induction kit with 2 cold air ducts

0-60- still trying

Bhp (Brake Hamster Power) about 5

Top speed- 60 maybe 70 mph?

Dave:p

LOL at break hamster power!!

Well not my current car, but about 2 years ago i was driving round in a 4 speed mk3 1.0 fiesta!!! Now thats slow. 0-60 in about 18secs!!!!

Topped out at 80mph with the car shaking - real drivers car that one :p

Black Clio 182

ive got a 1.2 8v grande. im not boasting or anything but ive got 120mph outta mind on the motor way, car was shaking like f**k tho lol. its pretty nipply but thats cuz i rev it to f**k lol. i paid the price for doing it tho by snapping my cambelt and having to pay out £900 to get it fixed. i knew i shouldnt of raced a 2.0 mondeo lol. ive had quite a few races with cars. ive kept up with most of them, they include the likes of vtrs, 1.4s and others lol. im not boasting tho just saying :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i think atm i win this, as my clio is sat on my drive with no wheels, hubs disconnected, no engine, no front bumper and on axel stands !

WOO HOO i win :p

Black Clio 182

mine cud of been a week ago cuz the engine wud just cut out for no reason all the time so i didnt wanna drive that fast cud i wudnt have and brakes or steering lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Pauldredge on 20 December 2004

mine cud of been a week ago cuz the engine wud just cut out for no reason all the time so i didnt wanna drive that fast cud i wudnt have and brakes or steering lol.
Same thing happened to my mate a few weeks back, ended up crashing cos the brakes couldnt stop him!!!!!

:D just seen this thread, genius!

il be pretty far down with a 95, 5 door 1.2 oasis :cry:

when i pass though il have my other car so going from 60 in the clio at about 13.1? (parkers not me:confused:), id have said it was longer than that? to 7 seconds :D

without meaning to go offthread, how quick/slow? is a williams to 60?

didnt they make an old 1 litre clio? or have i heard something wrong?

think the slowest would have to be a

Be-Bop Diesel

dont have the stats to back it up, but they are dog slow no matter what you do to them (then again, n2o works quite well in that engine)

Quote: Originally posted by enayeseekay on 19 December 2004

what about the mk1 diesels? I used to have one, and it was slow as. 65bhp, but something like 17 seconds to 60. <SCRIPT language=javascript>
Got to agree, these are dog slow. I had a 1.9 diesel. Not only slow in a straight line, but that nice heavy 1.9 caused massive understeer so its crap on corners too.

Trophy #473

no it HAS to be mine, 130k, 1.2RL with 17s that way a ton.

[Edited by nathanH on 25 December 2004 at 11:36pm]

but it looks good IMO.:oops:

well a lad who live round the corner from me has the slowet car imo its not a clio but here ya go

its a 1.0 3 cyl corsa new shape 03plate i think it is or 02 its got 19" full body kits and this stuipid big spoier on the roof it really is a state ill try and get a pic for u and when he got it it used to do bout 90mph he said now on a good day down a hill he said hes lucky if it hits 70mph

Naples Valver

ive got a 1.2 8v Versailles. 0-60 in 13.1s apparently, and 60bhp. The top speed is supposed to be 100mph but it starts shaking at 90(on my private driveway ;) ) and gets a bit scary so ive never actually reached 100. so i reckon my car would be one of the slowest ones here. im so proud!