ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snapped bleed nipple . . . help!

172 cup
can anything be done gents or should I just go straight to the wanted section and ask for some calipers.

Fitted my rear braided houses fine and bleeded up no worries but when it came to the front . . . snap! lots of swear words later I think thank fook I tried to see if they were free before fitting front braided hoses otherwise id be off the road

new caliper needed im afraid, youll never be able to drill and tap it out as youll not get the hole in line with the old one. and if its seized enough to snap the nipple then youve got no chance of prising it out with a hammer and small drift or something.

Go to wanted section lol

53 Clio's & counting
you can get them out, iv done it on my 120k old calipers and fitted a new bleed nipple, it is fiddly id admit that but you can do it

It's A Reno
Wouldn't a tapered stud extractor do the trick by tapping it into the hole?
Only cost a few pounds too.

touch the threads and youll never get a new nipple in there tho, and anything screwed into that hole to extract the snapped nipple will have to be of the exact same thread or when you come to screw the bleen nipple in again it wont tighten properly and youll loose fluid through it.

Ive had this exact same problem with god knows how many 106's and saxo's so much easier to replace a caliper and i doubt itll be that expensive

It's A Reno
touch the threads and youll never get a new nipple in there tho, and anything screwed into that hole to extract the snapped nipple will have to be of the exact same thread or when you come to screw the bleen nipple in again it wont tighten properly and youll loose fluid through it.

Ive had this exact same problem with god knows how many 106's and saxo's so much easier to replace a caliper and i doubt itll be that expensive

He hasn't got anything to lose tho really, may aswell have a go I suppose.

172 cup
If i fook it up cars off the road, so thanks for input guys but a pair of second hand calipers for £40. Job done, then will try and get it out and sell them on or something