ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow Casualty

Cup and R6
Thanks to some tit revving the nuts off his beemer earlier and me having to try and avoid him my car decided to journey across the snow and bump into the kerb, i was doing about 15mph at most.

Seem to have gotten away with a couple of scrapes to the alloys, the car still tracks in a straight line when i let go of the wheel so dont think theres and susp damage, but the steering wheel now sits around 10 degrees to the right when im going in a straight line, how easy is it to take it off and re-align it?

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
You can't take the steering wheel off and realign it - the steering column is splined with a flat bit so it can only go on as it is. You'll have to go to a garage to get the tracking done - that's assuming you haven't bent a track rod end.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! You don't take your steering wheel off to re-align it!

Honestly. I wonder sometimes!

The amout of suspension damage i've estimate today is madness!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Roughly £40+ each mate.

I think you'll need a lower arm possibly even more.

Lower arm is £100+

It's fun but my car warns me and beeps when you pull the handbrake up when moving. Much fun on the empty trading estate earlier though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols it depends what part is damaged mate.

Lower arm damage indicates set-back. Lots of cars can drive straight with the suspension goosed.

Cup and R6
Lols it depends what part is damaged mate.

Lower arm damage indicates set-back. Lots of cars can drive straight with the suspension goosed.

Im going to birchdown wednesday weather permitting so ill ask Steve/Andy to have a look at it, then add that to the 12+ list of things wrong with it, Joy

I might get some P/x valuations at garages this weekend :D lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do that, sounds like it could cost a lot to fix the cup mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Offffft! That's expensive, good project for someone if it's selling cheap tho.

Cup and R6
Offffft! That's expensive, good project for someone if it's selling cheap tho.

I cant let it go that cheap, but 95% of the problems are minor, such as the temp gauge always says it 50 degrees outside etc

the only real problem (pending suspension enquiries) is a slight leak on the box

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Should have rolled int the BMW and let him sort it....

A few years back something hit my front wheel when I was parked in my street, got towed to Renault and a track rod was bent 35 degrees and the car would not drive. In the end put in a new steering rack jut in case the geers were chipped (about £950) but if you hit at 15 mph you shouldnt need this. Check that the car is straight ie front back nearside offside all wheels - if this checks out then you dont need to put the car in the scrapper.

M2 Competition
Thanks to some tit revving the nuts off his beemer earlier and me having to try and avoid him my car decided to journey across the snow and bump into the kerb, i was doing about 15mph at most.

Seem to have gotten away with a couple of scrapes to the alloys, the car still tracks in a straight line when i let go of the wheel so dont think theres and susp damage, but the steering wheel now sits around 10 degrees to the right when im going in a straight line, how easy is it to take it off and re-align it?

Why can no-one ever admit an accident was their fault?

e91 330d/type r mini
just a thought but why would him reving his car up make you slide out of control? or do you mean you didnt allow enough room between you and the struggling beemer driver ;)

Cup and R6
Why can no-one ever admit an accident was their fault?

it was my fault for getting into another lane and breaking, happy?

if you dont want to chip in with regards to what might be wrong with the car, take your posts and shove them up your arse, cheers

p.s if you want to be pedantic you shouldnt call it an accident, accident implies no one's to blame, it was an incident

Pug 205 gti
it was my fault for getting into another lane and breaking, happy?

if you dont want to chip in with regards to what might be wrong with the car, take your posts and shove them up your arse, cheers

p.s if you want to be pedantic you shouldnt call it an accident, accident implies no one's to blame, it was an incident

been watchin hot fuzz?