ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow foam

Not a 320d
It is a less costly way youre right. But it sucks.

Invest in G101 instead and a £2 pump sprayer from B&M.

That ladies and gentlemen is a pre wash.

Honda & VW
It is a less costly way youre right. But it sucks.

Invest in G101 instead and a £2 pump sprayer from B&M.

That ladies and gentlemen is a pre wash.

I know i'm not going to change your mind Toby but.....

I think you'd use the same amount via a spray bottle as you would mixing the likes of G101 with warm water in a lance bottle, you may even use slightly less doing it through a lance. Plus it will cling/dwell longer as a thicker foam so you could argue it would work better than if just applied via a spray.

Trigger spray application is easier if you're in a carpark though...
just saying;)

Not a 320d
Honestly for what its worth spend the extra £5 and buy G101.

The point im trying to get across is that Snowfoam doesn't work. G101 does. Ive used enough of it to know.

Honda & VW
Honestly for what its worth spend the extra £5 and buy G101.

The point im trying to get across is that Snowfoam doesn't work. G101 does. Ive used enough of it to know.

That's contradictory surely, G101 through a lance (as foam) will work the same, if not better, as simply through a spray bottle?

sorry, might be missing your point slightly Toby. Granted some 'snow foam' solutions are rubbish, I'd much rather use the likes of G101 or something like Megs Hyper wash as they're not 1 trick ponies like most 'snow foams'.

oh and Extra £5 compared to...??

Not a 320d
£5 extra for G101 compared to Snowfoam.

I think you are missing my point. Im not talking about a snowfoam lance here or any device designed to produce foam.

Im talking about the product itself as at the end of the day thats what does the cleaning, not the lance. Citrus Snowfoam is the only snowfoam that works.

Honda & VW
£5 extra for G101 compared to Snowfoam.

I think you are missing my point. Im not talking about a snowfoam lance here or any device designed to produce foam.

Im talking about the product itself as at the end of the day thats what does the cleaning, not the lance. Citrus Snowfoam is the only snowfoam that works.

Right in that case I fully agree, had tried 3 different 'snow foams, before deciding that they are rubbish.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I think it is yes, from tests I've found that it will clear most dirt away without even needing to use a power washer you can get away with a hose pipe. And as I've said before, it doesn't seem to have a detrimental effect to any of the following LSP's:Mitchell and king rannoch, zymol carbon, autobrite abyss, gallys hybrid and auto finesse tough coat.

I think it is yes, from tests I've found that it will clear most dirt away without even needing to use a power washer you can get away with a hose pipe. And as I've said before, it doesn't seem to have a detrimental effect to any of the following LSP's:Mitchell and king rannoch, zymol carbon, autobrite abyss, gallys hybrid and auto finesse tough coat.

If it is, £2.25 in local ASDA. If it isn't, I guess it's only £20.

evaqa8yv.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Few reviews from DW

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304264[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I'll read that in a bit Matthew, but mean while... IT WORKS!!

Just popped out, 10 mins at the jet wash with the tesco wonder wheels and asda demon shine rapid dirt shifter. Both work well for my needs, but DSRDS is AF CP at a quarter of the cost. Good thing I bought a load. Lol. You certainly get through it like CP.

Only tested on a dusty car. Few months touch less jet washing since its last 2BM. So the test was would it revive the sheeting and beading of the carbon underneath.

Yes! Back to the red glow, beading and sheeting of carbon layers over prima amigo.

Get out and buy it.

Toby, text coming your way - I've been out.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you like it, I was quite shocked to find it was wax safe. I was expending to end up using it to strip wax before applying a new layer!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is this gloss enhancing? Ie is it safe for CQuartz?

After speaking to Andy from car pro when I mentioned using citrus power he said there'd be no problem as long as I finished with a non gloss enhancing shampoo

Where are you fella? Sending a load of bottles in the post must work out cheaper than that. I have a local that I'm going back to tonight. Could decant into a large single container, work out postage cost and post it to you nay bother?

Honda & VW
That's very kind buddy, got another Asda I can try first. If not i may well take you up on the offer.
I'm south of Gloucester GL11, btw

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I need to get some of this demonshine stuff. I was using AF citrus as well as foam. Citrus is good but not worth the amount you have to pay for it imo.

Ant, was meant to be seeing Rob on Saturday but had to cancel. Same offer goes for you if you can't find any. Can whizz it over when I meet up with Rob.

Must be a way of showing how much it is in other stores and them honouring that amount? Can't have one set of customers paying more than double the cost in one area, compared to another?!

Worth asking when you go in, Ant. If you want a receipt photo/offer photo etc I'll send it over as proof.

Not a 320d
Where are you fella? Sending a load of bottles in the post must work out cheaper than that. I have a local that I'm going back to tonight. Could decant into a large single container, work out postage cost and post it to you nay bother?

Im sending the GF down at some point. Leave some for me....

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
£6 in Swansea Asda too :(

didnt get any due to that and I used way to much citrus power when I got home and washed the car :(