ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow foam

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have 5litres of Autobrite Supa snow foam thats unopened. Anyone is free to make a bid and pick it up off me.

​postcode is B60

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a lot! I'm far too liberal with it.

Apparently the daemon shine dilutes well. I'm going to test the idea of 1:1 and if it works well ill get 5l and top it up with water in my pump sprayer. That should make application easer and quicker.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
me personally 200ml max of CP for a full car, and that was on an Jag XF. the Focus typically just over 100ml. you really don't need to apply so much.

​Works well diluted 1:1 as well

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
What we talking about? 500ml ?

Around half a small bottle, just over probably. Although that was coating everywhere now I just do the wheels, lower body front bumper rear bumper bonnet and boot. I then rinse and snow foam just for s***s and giggles.

I use half a bottle of CP. used more RDS this time around as it was raining and wanted to ensure the stuff worked before buying more. Next test will be 1:1 with water and in drier, dirtier conditions.

Honda & VW
Just been to another Asda and although the offer of £2.25 was on (normally £3, so still cheap) they had on the shelf.
​then I spotted one bottle right on the top where overstock is kept, shall test out this weekend

Yeah I went back last night. Found two behind other products on the top shelf and asked the girl stacking shelves if they had any more. Managed five in total.

Honda & VW
The one I just went into say they've got a delivery coming in by Friday. However might go back to the other store and see if they will price match as the stores are within 10mile radius.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just emptied my local ASDA, they only had 3x bottles but still £2.25. Thought I'd take the opportunity to try their snow foam and spray on shine as they were reduced also

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I noticed the other stuff but thought i'd leave it, will be interesting to hear how good they are though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
will compare RDS to CP at the end of the week with a hose and pressure rinse.

Spending next week at the coast so will be nice and salty / sandy on my return so another good test for them

Honda & VW
I know the first thing I shall be doing before using the RDS is transferring it into another bottle or replacing the trigger head as mines leaked a bit.

Every single person who has posted on DW/CS has said the same. I checked mine when I bought the first load over the weekend and all 8 were loose. Same thing last night, another 5, all of which were loose.

Dave, be interesting to see a comparison. Since you've got a dirty car and mine doesn't move, will you do me a favour? Do four areas on the car; CP, RDS, CP1:1water and RDS1:1water.

Many thanks.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mine were on right, strange, maybe the mongs in Asdas noticed them leaking.

To add to JD's request, can you do the above in a floral frock and have your mrs film it in slo mo with a go pro. ta.

Will be interesting to see how it comes out.

Honda & VW
Weather dependant I'm interested to see how they compare as my works van has been neglected so is an ideal candidate for experimentation

Edit - CP and RDS I've basically done (mental pictures of how they affected the dirt/initial pressure wash down). It's the dilutions I'm most interested in.

Mine were on right, strange, maybe the mongs in Asdas noticed them leaking.

To add to JD's request, can you do the above in a floral frock and have your mrs film it in slo mo with a go pro. ta.

Will be interesting to see how it comes out.

Just had to explain to the boss why I was laughing. Thanks, Ant.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Will do JD. But will have to be whilst the Mrs is out. I get major abuse if I'm deemed to be geeking over car washing, taking pictures earns extra geek points.

I typically use CP 1:1 so costs are a little more comparable to neat RDS so will be interested to see a comparison.

Not a 320d
Yeah I went back last night. Found two behind other products on the top shelf and asked the girl stacking shelves if they had any more. Managed five in total.

Explains why Clapham Asda didnt have any today then!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ah fair enough mate.

I hate it that much it's getting to point I'm almost soley relying on this forum for any new information as I get rage everytime I go on DW.

Honda & VW
Boom, just been back to my local Asda with the receipt from the 1 bottle I purchased yesterday from another branch. Price match = clear their shelves ( granted it was only 4 bottles but hey). Can see AF CP sales dipping whilst this offer is on

Explain more fella? It's £6 back up on the website. Are you saying asda price matched down from £6 to £2.25?

Honda & VW
Yeah its priced at £6 at Gloucester Asda, Cheltenham Asda have it priced at £3 but reduced to £2.25.
Showed Gloucester store my receipt from Cheltenham and they honored it.

Yeah its priced at £6 at Gloucester Asda, Cheltenham Asda have it priced at £3 but reduced to £2.25.
Showed Gloucester store my receipt from Cheltenham and they honored it.

Nice. Need to find another ASDA store then. Still, £6x3-30% = £4.20 for one litre. AF CP is £10 for one litre.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The amount I used citurs power I jumped in and bought 5l, so £7/l isn't bad, then in summer dusty conditions typically diluted 1:1 is more than adequate, £3.50/l even better.

Colchester store had another 2 bottles left today. Still advertised at £3 but till price was £2.25. Their drying towels don't seem half bad either

Started looking around for the two wonder products, DS RDS and Wonder Wheels... found that Robert Dyas has stock of WW at £5.99, although I want to try this Halfords price match first with both products. If it works, I'll spend a pretty penny and shove them in the shed.

From Halfords? Either way, winner. I'm considering stocking up on what I can get cheaply (RDS) and trading them on here for WWHW!!