ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so been in to the Garage today

Sunny
due to loud knocking/ clunking noises under acceleration and over uneven road.

been to MB Motorsport in Hebburn was recommended by B4RKO. Very nice chaps, extremely helpful.

They have advised me that it needs a new offside CV Boot and a new engine mount (didn't specify which one) but they have looked at it and assure me that the engine mount is the main cause of these clunking noises.

They tell me I'm lucky as the CV Boot is only partially gone and little bit of grease left in - they said it could have meant replacement driveshaft but luckily its been caught early.

Total cost for OEM Engine Mount, CV Boot, Labour and Vat = £169

I am not that technically minded and havent been in the world of clios for very long but would that seem reasonable to people? Thoughts...

Thanks

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Sounds cheap to me but I've never had any of those go on me or know how much each part costs.

Sunny
Sounds cheap to me but I've never had any of those go on me or know how much each part costs.

£90 of that price is just for the Engine mount (includes VAT) i think total labour was £70 so by powers of deduction i'd say its about £9 for a rubber boot + grease :)

Sunny
it sounded reasonable to me anyways i've just dropped the car off and should (fingers crossed) be all sorted for tonight :approve: