ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I bid £1 for this and won......

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
f**k off i hope. How stupid do you have to be to think that was an advert for a whole car?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  FF Clio 182
Legally he has to sell you the car because it isn't advertised otherwise.

If he tries to get in touch with eBay they will suspend his account and you are 'officially' not aloud to list something to sell parts of it, term is called sub selling. This is eBay so it is hard to police.

If it was me then I was proper oh for it and try getting it :) Good Luck

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  ITB BG 182
Dear OP

Did you miss the following part of the advert?

SO IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ANY PARTS OR WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE FULL CAR PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA EBAY OR YOU CAN CALL ME ON 07791581695.

This covers him, he does not state that its for the full car, he gives you the option of buying the full car but you have to contact him first....

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I imagine he just wont reply and you will have to make a paypal claim to get your money back. A lot of hassle for nothing really.

Actually after reading the advert again, it doesn't actually say you are bidding on the car, it says you are bidding on the 'breaking Williams clio 2', which is actually a service. So technically if you have paid him, you might not even get your money back!

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 16v 'YOJ'
"SO IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ANY PARTS OR WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE FULL CAR PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA EBAY OR YOU CAN CALL ME ON 07791581695"

Didnt any of you see this bit?

Edit just saw the past couple of posts, Id agree with having to start a paypal dispute to get your cash back. If I was the seller I'd just ignore you completly and wait for the police to come knocking - that said I have nothing better to do with my time than fight something like this...

Last edited:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of a grey area is it? As he has listed it as breaking but hasnt listed which part of the car you win from this exact auction.

Keep winding him up though :D

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
"SO IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ANY PARTS OR WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE FULL CAR PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA EBAY OR YOU CAN CALL ME ON 07791581695"

Edit just saw the past couple of posts, Id agree with having to start a paypal dispute to get your cash back. If I was the seller I'd just ignore you completly and wait for the police to come knocking - that said I have nothing better to do with my time than fight something like this...

​Remind me not to buy anything from you in that case..

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chill out people ffs! as far as I can tell banther is only having a bit of a giggle.

I'm guessing losing £40 (which by the way I don't think he will) isn't the end of the world.

If you read the messages that he sent to the advertiser it's pretty obvious he doesn't seriously expect to get the car.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah. Gullable CS.

If someone sent me a message like that after winning the auction i'd be sending something similiar right back!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You realise that what he wrote was against eBay guidelines. He's trying to get out of paying fees for each item which isn't allowed, so technically he's sold him the full car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You realise that what he wrote was against eBay guidelines. He's trying to get out of paying fees for each item which isn't allowed, so technically he's sold him the full car.

Nope, technically he has sold him the service of breaking the car, which is what? nothing.

p.s. i'm not complaining etc; this thread was/is highly amusing! thanks banther for the entertainment tonight :)

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  WRX
You could try twisting his words.
"I thought I was buying the car to break myself"
​"If I only wanted to buy parts, I'd have offered him 4p for the wheels"
"Thought it was the whole car! I wouldn't pay £40 delivery for a wing mirror!"

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It doesn't say that you need to contact him before the end of the auction if you want to buy the whole car! It just says contact him if you want to buy the whole car... which you did!

This thread is funny!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Cup
Never mind £1 fish

Its a £1 Clio !!!!!

WIN !!!!!!

you cant be held accountable for the stupidity of the seller for not stating what parts are for sale, technically as he doesn't state the advert suggests all but doesn't specify that this is not the case its yours for a pound, i wouldn't want my £41 back, and id take him to the small claims court to get my car he sounds that dumb you'd win as he wouldn't think he had to turn up its all win win for you buddy GET YO CAR

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He had sold a "breaking Clio Williams" which as he has proved with pictures is a Clio Williams that is suitable for breaking.
So you shouldn't expect it to be a useable road worthy car but you should expect to receive what is in the advert.

He has also stated for 40 quid he will deliver the suitable for breaking Clio Williams.

Ebay will side with you I think as they must hate people doing this to circumvent the fees.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
From experience he will just have to refund the money and that will be it. Banter is not going to get the car.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus people are taking this a little seriously!!!

Yes technically he has got it wrong and I think eBay will probably side with me.

Do I REALLY want to screw over some guy out of £££'s worth of car? No, I won't do that. But..... Why can't I have a bit of fun on the way?

I thought it was pretty obvious what I am doing here... Just looking to wind someone up a bit!! If you don't agree with it go on "Things I don't like" or w**k yourself raw on elephanttube rather than waste precious keyboard warrior hours commenting on my silly little thread.

OT: A follow up message to him is needed now I feel

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Didn't realise they had decent feedback. . You will have them sweating lol. . Good thread