ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So.... im thinking of getting a clio v6...

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I would love a V6 but two factors put me off.

1) I have a child and 2 seats / hardly any boot space is totally impractical.

2) The turning circle is ridiculous and I would not be able to park it on the road I live!

Go for a Trophy, best move I ever made.

Depends really.

It depends on the model of Elise or VX220 variant.

I've moved up to a 111R as for power delivery its probably the most similar.

I wont talk about the benefits as it is obviously a better drivers car and a better experience. But it isn't markably better all round and for pace its on par with the elise down a normal road.

As for cost,

Add 250 quid to the tyre budget (the rears die within 9k and cost about 300 but between them fronts are cheaper)

Servicing is a bit more expensive

However the parts..... i've been fairly unlucky (although all has been covered by good will or warranty) and Murray lotus have probably spent 2.5k in doing bits and pieces since i picked her up 7 months ago.... one item the throttle body went which was a £987 part then you've got labour!!

The big thing though and something you wont get in a V6 is the MPG it is as good or better than the 182. This means that i wont have to worry about the cost of petrol or think wow i cant afford to go out for a random run.

If you go for it get a lotus stage 2 exhaust and then drive everywhere in 2nd gear for the pops and bangs :D

I was thinking something like this : http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1561590.htm

Good MPG is always a nice thought since i do a lot of mileage. How comfortable are they for the daily slog to work?

Do you pay extra for warrenty? If so how much?

Financing the car would cost me at the most £200 a month, and I would pay off the insurance with the cash I get for my 182. Therefore my out goings on the car would be the £200 + fuel. I would be able to save up easily as I’m still living at home and I have a good job. Part of me says be sensible, and the other part says you only live once and I should do it while I still can!