ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SO WAX Detailing - Introduction

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
1-01 copy.png

Hello everyone, I've mentioned several times about launching my own detailing range. Well after roughly 12 months of dedication, the dream has become a reality! We've got a product range available to purchase already, with work constantly going on behind the scenes as to what product would benefit the current line-up. We're still in the early stages of testing our first wax, I don't have an ETA on that yet but it will be worth the wait!

We're based in the west midlands, with the aim to try and visit some shows when possible! We wanted a product range that was highly effective and straight forward to use, which I believe we have nailed. I do detailing work myself, and for the last year I have only used my own products when detailing customers cars.

You may of seen an article in the Express & Star this week - https://www.expressandstar.com/news...-to-clean-up-with-new-car-products-business-/

The important links are;

If everyone could look at the website and give me feedback on the design/store-feel that would be great too! i know the images need changing, we're working on that when the weather permits!!

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!

P.S - I'm still building my high boost 182... It feels like forever now

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Fantastic to see a member doing a business like this. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of support. Maybe even a stand at CS22!?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve looked on the website mate, and I think it looks great. Sent the link to a few of my mates who are into detailing and they’ve come back with some feedback. 👍🏻

None of it is negative, so hope you don’t take it that way. Here’s what they’re saying:

Asked if you will be supplying microfibres/drying towels? Makes you more of a one stop shop then if you can pick up the majority of what you’re after.

Typo here - should be ‘then’ (this is because detailers have a keen eye! 😂)
79A6CFEB-55EB-48F6-85D9-90FDD25A04D2.jpeg
And here they’ve clicked on the green marked area when clicking on products and found it a bit annoying. The red area they’re suggesting a ‘recently viewed’ products style of setup to the page? Felt the instagram link could be smaller.
621827AC-A203-4778-A92A-3CF96E751054.jpeg

Good luck with it all mate! We will definitely be giving some of your products a go 👍🏻

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Good luck mate.

Full support here.

Thank you mate, every single person is appreciated massively!

Love hearing about someone actually having the balls to give it a go. Looking forward to seeing the products and purchasing a few

Thank you for the kind words, it's been a tough year to try and put funds together to launch all of this, but it's all worth it to be getting good feedback! I hope everyone enjoys using the products as much as I do :cool:

Just echoing what others have said.

Good luck with it. Always helps when someone is passionate about the products there dealing with.

Thank you! All I've ever done is clean cars, the passion has evolved up to this point! Hopefully it will continue to grow and expand :)

Fantastic to see a member doing a business like this. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of support. Maybe even a stand at CS22!?

I appreciate that matey. I would love to be at CS22, let alone on a stand!! I don't know how to go about this but I will look into it!

I’ve looked on the website mate, and I think it looks great. Sent the link to a few of my mates who are into detailing and they’ve come back with some feedback. 👍🏻

None of it is negative, so hope you don’t take it that way. Here’s what they’re saying:

Asked if you will be supplying microfibres/drying towels? Makes you more of a one stop shop then if you can pick up the majority of what you’re after.

Typo here - should be ‘then’ (this is because detailers have a keen eye! 😂)
View attachment 1537390And here they’ve clicked on the green marked area when clicking on products and found it a bit annoying. The red area they’re suggesting a ‘recently viewed’ products style of setup to the page? Felt the instagram link could be smaller. View attachment 1537391

Good luck with it all mate! We will definitely be giving some of your products a go 👍🏻

Wow! Thank you for that, this is exactly what I was hoping for.

We're constantly adding accessories to the website, hopefully the next lot will be drying towels/plush microfibres, then also buckets etc. At the minute we only have several accessories like soft brush sets, snowfoam cannons and tyre dressing applicators but they're all items I've tested extensively and love!

Typo will be sorted... Luckily detailers have an eagle eye :ROFLMAO:

The green area you highlighted can be moved afaik, but it's mainly there to be prominent on the screen to catch peoples attention. If a user spins the jackpot machine for a discount code, then it won't show up again! But I will see what I can do to move it.

The instagram feed is the bane of my life, in theory it lets people have easy access to our social media etc... But in reality it looks ugly. I'm still working on tweaking how it looks, but not quite nailed that yet. This isn't the final design for the site, I'm constantly looking to add new features and designs.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Is it me or are most labels on the small bottles wonky? Drives me crazy haha!

Site seems to work well though, can't wait to give the shampoo and QD a go.

Screenshot_20210510-130921_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-130930_Gallery.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Is it me or are most labels on the small bottles wonky? Drives me crazy haha!

Site seems to work well though, can't wait to give the shampoo and QD a go.

View attachment 1537735View attachment 1537736

that would be my poor labelling ability 😂 they were rushed for the photos, I picked the labels up and stuck them on… whilst driving to get some photos for the website/news article.

your order is very much appreciated, thank you for that. I’ll get that sorted ASAP for you 👍🏼 Yours won’t be wonky hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, no problem, details that will get sorted along the way I'm sure.

Must have a thousand and one things to sort starting/owning your own business, hope it'll go well!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Also, get rid of the 'powered by shopify' 👍🏼

I don’t know how to remove that, I may need to upgrade my website package but not sure!

I was expecting you to sell wax. :unsure:

it’s coming and going to be worth the wait!

Random question is you clio on another reg now? Not the one in pic? CL05CUP?

ive still got my inferno cup and it’s on my private plate still

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
The website still mentions the bank holiday sale but it’s finished.

Also, for the snow foam cannon. Is this to attach to a pressure washer? If so then which nozzle is it suitable for?

On the hunt!
I’ve got so much time for this! I launched two new companies at the start of the pandemic and on Tuesday, we secured our funding for the next 3 years! It was f**king hard and I admit that I spent 12 months shitting myself, after walking away from a cushy job in corporate, but it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. I’ll be sure to buy some of your stuff today!

A few things I noticed on your site:

Some of the picture formatting is off, on an iPhone anyway.

4560984a8c3d069d089fd9022ec14232.jpg

The sentence below doesn’t make sense.

12d50cfe15b98637fc0bdac1e0717537.jpg

If it were me (and I’ve got six sites), I’d remove the top image and replace it with a mission statement. Just a one liner - who are you and what do you do - maybe your value prop? I’d also mix up the thumb nail pictures you’ve used for your product pages, rather than all the same.

cd0d1bb7c7bdf03eede6acdc235814ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the hunt!
I will add that I just bought a bunch of stuff, but the Apple pay link wouldn’t work. The Shopify link was fine, but Apple Pay came up with a message that the website couldn’t complete payment. Maybe check it out.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I will add that I just bought a bunch of stuff, but the Apple pay link wouldn’t work. The Shopify link was fine, but Apple Pay came up with a message that the website couldn’t complete payment. Maybe check it out.

I'm unsure on this, I've set-up the other payment methods but not Apple Pay, so will try to sort that out today. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Thank you very much Mark for the support, it's very appreciated and I hope you enjoy the products! Your order was posted at 12 o'clock today so hopefully lands Monday as DHL seem sh*t hot so far!

The website still mentions the bank holiday sale but it’s finished.

Also, for the snow foam cannon. Is this to attach to a pressure washer? If so then which nozzle is it suitable for?

If you're referencing the blog post on the bottom left, that will go once I've found the time for a new blog post!

Snow foam cannons apply to your pressure washer lance, these are quick release as standard but will be adding some karcher k-series adapters hopefully soon :)

I’ve got so much time for this! I launched two new companies at the start of the pandemic and on Tuesday, we secured our funding for the next 3 years! It was f**king hard and I admit that I spent 12 months shitting myself, after walking away from a cushy job in corporate, but it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. I’ll be sure to buy some of your stuff today!

A few things I noticed on your site:

Some of the picture formatting is off, on an iPhone anyway.

View attachment 1538584

The sentence below doesn’t make sense.

View attachment 1538585

If it were me (and I’ve got six sites), I’d remove the top image and replace it with a mission statement. Just a one liner - who are you and what do you do - maybe your value prop? I’d also mix up the thumb nail pictures you’ve used for your product pages, rather than all the same.

View attachment 1538586

Thank you for that feedback, it's all taken on board! The spelling mistakes are my lack of re-reading :ROFLMAO: The images are the next thing i'm working on, it's just finding the time to get the images sorted for the website, it will all be looking much better soon though with proper images etc! The main image wasn't ever intended to be permanent either, but unsure what to replace it with exactly... Watch this space! (literally)

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Really impressed by the website, I've got a bit of a mish-mash of detailing supplies at the minute so I've put a half-decent sized order in. The prices are definitely reasonable, but I still want a cliosport discount code :ROFLMAO:

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Really impressed by the website, I've got a bit of a mish-mash of detailing supplies at the minute so I've put a half-decent sized order in. The prices are definitely reasonable, but I still want a cliosport discount code :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for that mate it’s much appreciated, I’ll get that dropped at the DHL shipping point tomorrow as I’m in the unit. You could’ve clicked the icon in the top right for a random discount code ;) I’ll throw in a few sweets to make up for it 🤣

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you for that mate it’s much appreciated, I’ll get that dropped at the DHL shipping point tomorrow as I’m in the unit. You could’ve clicked the icon in the top right for a random discount code ;) I’ll throw in a few sweets to make up for it 🤣
I definitely knew that was there, just didn't use it because of how generous and rich I am :ROFLMAO: , jokes aside, cheers mate appreciate it.

On the hunt!
The bits and pieces turned up yesterday, mate. I had a go with the wheel cleaner and citrus cleaner and both are top notch! Thanks for the sweets too!!!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Firstly, congratulations.

How much input do you have to the formulations of the various products? Take it you don't develop and mix them personally? Genuinely interested to know, and guess the answer could be a good part to add to the 'about us' page.

For example Bilt Hamber Have marketed themselves as the scientists of the cleaning/rust scene. Wondered if you had paid a company for the product it's self or paid a lab to develop it from scratch?

To some extent that is my first question about various products from new companies; Where has the product come from and do I trust it enough to use, your stuff is clearly good value but you might want to look at ways to address the question without directly addressing it if that makes sense 🥴

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Firstly, congratulations.

How much input do you have to the formulations of the various products? Take it you don't develop and mix them personally? Genuinely interested to know, and guess the answer could be a good part to add to the 'about us' page.

For example Bilt Hamber Have marketed themselves as the scientists of the cleaning/rust scene. Wondered if you had paid a company for the product it's self or paid a lab to develop it from scratch?

To some extent that is my first question about various products from new companies; Where has the product come from and do I trust it enough to use, your stuff is clearly good value but you might want to look at ways to address the question without directly addressing it if that makes sense 🥴

I spent some time with the manufacturing guys (and girls) discussing my plans and what I wanted, they sent me on my way with some samples and from there we have worked together to tweak things to get them to a point that I'm happy with. I need to update the about us page at some point, it's just finding the time!

I appreciate the question, hope that my answer helps a little?