ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So where all the "good" 182s for sale.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Trying to find a 182 for my mate, he'll have approx £5000-5500 to spend, really struggling to find a 182 for that price that IMO is any good.

So people getting all these bargain 182 where are they? Or are my standards to high.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The problem lies with peoples anticipation of "mint" examples, when in actual fact its a f**king skip.

There are a few crackers on PH i seen.

Few Trophys have slipped under 6k aswell i see

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mileage either bothers you or it doesnt, that to me is nothing considering the works been done.

Its a damn good price aswell compared to some comedians

Fabia vrs tdi
Mines for £3600 on 76k was a bargain if anyone bothered to view it they'd have bought it but I'm not selling it now.

It had tiny scratches on front wheel arch will be fixed next week though.

Just going to stop greeting about the fuel consumption

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines for £3600 on 76k was a bargain if anyone bothered to view it they'd have bought it but I'm not selling it now.

It had tiny scratches on front wheel arch will be fixed next week though.

Just going to stop greeting about the fuel consumption

Just had a quick look at your advert, i wouldn't even look twice at it sorry! I'm sure it's a perfectly fine car, but no pics, scraped wheel arch, "nice sounding exhaust"= loud to me. etc

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I sold my 182 on 72k for 5,250 a few months ago, and considered it in veryu good condition. I would expect they are out there at teh price your looking for just need to do alot of sifting. Most likely find one that someone isn't advertising as mint who doesn't know what they have, if you get what i mean?

Fabia vrs tdi
No pics because I'm on my iPhone and donno how to post pics on it, the scratches are tiny they had to be pointed out to someone that flashed me to pull over last week who seen the for sale sign,

Got quoted £50 to get it fixed and that's it's only flaw, steering wheels fine 3 new tyres, new battery today.

I'm crap at writing ads for cars, think it's still on piston heads with a better add but crap pics my wife took.

I get stopped all the time in the street people saying they'll take it but never call back but mainly from young guys,

it's 60% her car I'd rather keep it there's not even any stone chips on it, I went to view a Monoco 182 with a massive chip on the bonnet and the two thumb grips looked like a knife had been taken to them lol.

Fabia vrs tdi
Yes the exhaust is loud but it's been said a few times in spotted that it sounds good but I am considering putting cat back on and the original airbox

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm super anal when it comes to buying cars, bought mine at 3.5 years old with 11k on it, garaged, not used in the rain etc etc.

Hoping to find another one of those.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Buy mine, 5K as it is or i'll put it back to standard for 4K.

High mileage, but it puts out good power, feels fast, good condition bodywork wise except stonechips and just flew though an mot

tiTTy & SV650
even the mintest 182 can't be worth much more than 5k now. View some cars up for £6k, £6500 as they'll have to drop their price IMO

Sold mine over 2 years ago for £6650!

None
Can depend on something as simple as belts too, a mate on here practically had to give his RB away a few weeks back because it didn't have the belts done, mine for instance had the belts done at 35k last september and it's only just hit 40k now so for that alone i wouldn't let it go for less than 5k even with broken air con :)

I do know of a mint Trophy that my mate has which is on 20k, completely standard and lives in his garage nearly all the time now......if only he would sell :(

Black 182 FF
even the mintest 182 can't be worth much more than 5k now. View some cars up for £6k, £6500 as they'll have to drop their price IMO

Sold mine over 2 years ago for £6650!

Bought mine just over two years ago (3 years 9 months) for £5900 on 27k, dont think I'd expect anymore than £4000ish now on 39k and it's been serviced more regularly than it needs to (including both belt kits), only problem is it's black and being a Renault and that colour it shows any little thing unfortunately - but it's still in good nick, however some of the prices I see similar advertised for are crazy now. God loves a trier I suppose.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I looked at 11, yes 11 cars before I found mine. The car was higher mileage than what I was after 70k but had been looked after exclusively by rentech, had every service completed, turinis recaros etc etc and the owner was genuinely gutted that he had to sell the car. The only niggle I had with the car was stone chips. I honestly agree with the quality of the whole package, mileage should not be a limiting factor. I looked at a 31k car that was the same money as mine, and it was a genuinely bad car and was more stone chipped! Eventually I realised the stamps in the book were fake, and the cambelt hadn't been done!

Deja vu 182
Just bought my 3rd 182 all of them immaculate , there s a lot of rubbish out there . Just happened to buy the first one i looked at this time , guy off the renaultsport site . Nice guy , nice car 04 on 58k miles both cup packs , anth turinis , belt s just done at north west performance , loads o f receipt s and i payed quite a bit less than £5000 . They are out there !!

Clown Car
Trying to find a 182 for my mate, he'll have approx £5000-5500 to spend, really struggling to find a 182 for that price that IMO is any good.

So people getting all these bargain 182 where are they? Or are my standards to high.
I know exactly where you are coming from, i am also struggling to find a decent 182, guess i should not have sold my 16,000 mile titanium 182 last year, if you don't stick to your standards then you will never be happy with the car, i know i wouldn't, the bean you bought was a good car as it was my brothers.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You'll be happy to know it's still in good condition! Now up to 42k though, and a bloody mouse chewed the rear seat when I had the rear bench out GRRR, not missed a beat either.

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
You can get a 2004 172 very cheaply with low miles, that's what I did, saved myself about 1.5k/2k :)
+no loud exhaust and it's hidden.

Laguna 2, Westfield
Sold my FF 55 reg Inferno a few weeks ago for £6800, ok it had only done 7700 miles and was as new.. People DO pay 6k for them at the moment i had lots of interest...

Theres a 54reg 15k mile met blue one on pistonheads at the moment 1 owner for 6100 looks good and i think the correct price.

None
Don't know why people want to buy them with standard exhausts anyway, if it's standard still at the age it is then the exhaust is going to fail sooner rather than later, doing nice mods isn't necessarily a sign of a car being ragged about, mine has tastefull mods and is well looked after too......of course i know the chavs will rag their cars and mod them to hell and back but there are giveaways to tell between a well looked after and yet modified RS clio and a ragged chav mobile :)

Modifying alone shouldn't be a reason to turn one down, just use your common sense to see if the mods are done properly.

Vw caddy tdi
Imo they are all driven hard at some point this is what they are built for? Id factor a standard exhaust into the buying price if fitted with a loud one (£300 fitted).

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ive just bought a black cupped 182 with a Janspeed exhaust on it sounds great;)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
People do pay good money for GOOD 182's -- that inferno 7k miler looked showroom really- If I was buying an inferno & had 6k, I would certainly stretch to to that 7k one-

Interesting is how price fluctuates with colour-

I can 100% speak from experience & say that after selling now getting on close 50 R>sports most being 182's that Arctic blue is the least desirable by some margin the same goes for albi blue on the 197's-

Incidentally titanium silver whilst doesnt seem very popular on here I havent had any problems selling that particular colour for a fair price-

The last 182 I had, the BG one really took a while to shift-- probably though an ideal one for the OP's friend- 55 plate frsh + belts 50k - went for £5300- to be fair I though it would reach high 5's-

The best colours/ cars to have at the moment in terms of residuals ( apart from anything super low mileage) is FF RB or liquid yellow-

The RB on pistonheads with the recaros should be sold no less that 5700, -

There are good cars around but they are difficult to find-
I fully expect to get the thick end of 7k for the LY when it goes on PH-

S

Last edited:
  Clio 1.5dci
I'm about to sell my Clio 182, Black Gold, 71k, 04, both cup packs, factory fitted sat nav, milltek exhaust system. I replaced the decat from when I bought it with a milltek sports cat, no more emission failures! Also spent a whole load of money on it over the servicing period..

But now i've got my 1.5 dci - i don't need it anymore :( just gotta take some new photos

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There really are some comedians on this forum. Either that or retards.

Laguna 2, Westfield
Beas, I think i followed you in Malvern on Friday evening about 5.15 along Pikersleigh road. If it was you then i can confirm that his car is VERY clean,(and i'm fussy) - What are you buying next?

Fabia VRS
MarkRS - Yeah it would have been me. :) Im hoping to get a fabia vrs or simalar diesel

Mark5290 - I feel that my car is in such good condition it is worth that. I was expecting people to try and knock me down when coming to view it thats why i priced it at 5600

People will try and knock you down, but very few people would take a £600+ plus hit on that sort of price. So people aren't bothering because they'll just expect you to say no.

Up at £5250 and take £5000 all day long. Cups just aren't worth the money.

Clown Car
I have seen a few FF 182's with cup packs up for £5,300 and have found a 2005/05 RB cup for £4,800, which is what i would expect a cup to start at.

Clio RS 182
I have a 182 with the cup suspension and aero pack with 27,500 miles on the clock and if anyone offered me a measly £5,500 for it I'd tell them to take a running jump. :rasp: