ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so which clio RS is fastest?

golf
Which of the clio range is fastest?

PH quick, ph2 172 cup or FF 182 cup or FF and trophy?

Didnt include ph1/2 v6 for obvious reasons

golf
ph1 172, 172bhp hence name

ph2 172 FF all mod cons (climate control etc etc)

ph2 172 cup some call poverty spec as less features to save weight there for faster

ph2 182, 182bhp due to different manifold FF/cup reasons same as above

Trophy, limited addition different suspension, seats and spoiler.

correct me if im wrong please

ty, though that was kinda the only one i knew.

standard sport or cup.

not sure one ph-quick, ff and all that jazz

ph1 172, 172bhp hence name

ph2 172 FF all mod cons (climate control etc etc)

ph2 172 cup some call poverty spec as less features to save weight there for faster

ph2 182, 182bhp due to different manifold FF/cup reasons same as above

Trophy, limited addition different suspension, seats and spoiler.

correct me if im wrong please

ahh, perfect ty

n2x

e60/f10
Sorry i'm using your thread but no need in making a new one because you're discussing almost the same details. Can anyone tell me if theres a third type of ph1's? I don't have any cup suspension and the car weighs 1100kg. Also no Climate control, only AC. So it's not a cup, not a FF, what is it? A regular 172 ph1? thx for the replies. Searched but found nothing :/

they are all pretty similar in power its down to the person driving and gear changes being good.
if you look at stats there are very close something like 0.6 of a second quicker 0-60 but a poor gear change and goodbye 0-60

Mk2 172
I raced a slightly modded 172 mk1 in my 182 cup and pulled away from it but not by an awful lot admitedly so im guessing either the 172 cup or 182 cup. On paper the 172 cup is slower to 100 than a 182 cup.

Nikon D700
haha, so there is no definative answer?

Perhaps we should ask top gear to do a test, round the track, stig driving, standard versions of PH-Quick, 172FF, 172 Cup, 182FF, 182 Cup, Trophy with similar mileage, completely standard....

Mk2 172

Perhaps we should ask top gear to do a test, round the track, stig driving, standard versions of PH-Quick, 172FF, 172 Cup, 182FF, 182 Cup, Trophy with similar mileage, completely standard....

Track i would of said trophy. When they tested them in france the 182 standard car set a time and the cup version beat it by 1 second and then the trophy beat that time by another second

cock mobile.
I believe the 172 Cup as the best power to weight ratio of them all.

Really splitting hairs here though tbh.

yip thats def what should be done!!

cliosport special of top gear

:lolup: :lolup:

172 cup, Civic Jordan
Lol!

How many different answers !?

For straight line, the only thing you can base an opinion on is raw facts. 172cup has the highest power to weight ratio so in theory should be a fraction quicker than a 182cup. Also, same torque (according to EVO) as a 182 but lighter.

In the real world, there's so little in it, it will come down to condition of car and each individual engine, driver ability etc. You're splitting hairs with the cups.

Obviously, the 172ff and ph1 can't be as quick due to weighing more.

Amen.