ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so which clio RS is fastest?

mk3 golf gti
round the evo track the 182 cup was faster than a trophy which was quicker than any 172. but quicker than all of those was an r27 so i guess round a track, the r27!!!
if that helps at all!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
round the evo track the 182 cup was faster than a trophy which was quicker than any 172. but quicker than all of those was an r27 so i guess round a track, the r27!!!
if that helps at all!

So on your favourite bit of road whats the time difference, between it being a dry or a wet day??

Because the times you are quoting are b****cks as the trophy went round wet/drying track & cup & R27 dry.

Big difference i would say.

mk3 golf gti
ok revised idea. take an example of every car and the same driver and see which one is quickest. only way to sort it for sure.

R35 GTR
There was a limited run of 182 with cup packs with a turbo. These are the fastest standard ones out of the lot.;)

172 cup, Civic Jordan
EVO tested a VTS quicker than a so called phase quick Clio round a track - same driver.

Work that one out?

Lol!

How many different answers !?

For straight line, the only thing you can base an opinion on is raw facts. 172cup has the highest power to weight ratio so in theory should be a fraction quicker than a 182cup. Also, same torque (according to EVO) as a 182 but lighter.

In the real world, there's so little in it, it will come down to condition of car and each individual engine, driver ability etc. You're splitting hairs with the cups.

Obviously, the 172ff and ph1 can't be as quick due to weighing more.

Amen.

Ph1 172 is lighter than the 182 cup.
iirc its only 20Kg heavier than the 172 cup, especially the ones with the alloy bonnet.

Ph1
EVO tested a VTS quicker than a so called phase quick Clio round a track - same driver.

Work that one out?

In contrast between a Top Gear round the track thrash a few years back.

172 Cups are the quickest followed by the ph1's. Standard 182's are the slow ones (from experience)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You really need to drive a 182/172FF and a 172/182 Cup back to back to appreciate how much faster the "poverty" spec cars feel.

Those who harp on about there being "not much in it" haven't driven any other sports apart from their own.

You really need to drive a 182/172FF and a 172/182 Cup back to back to appreciate how much faster the "poverty" spec cars feel.

Those who harp on about there being "not much in it" haven't driven any other sports apart from their own.

see i would argue that as russ off here who i was out with at the weekend agrees that his 172cup isnt a great deal if at all faster then my 172ff and in the end it would be down to the driver

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

see i would argue that as russ off here who i was out with at the weekend agrees that his 172cup isnt a great deal if at all faster then my 172ff and in the end it would be down to the driver

Yeah thats also something to take into account but i've driven Clares 182 FF and mine feels more eager to accelerate.
Top end you could say hers feels like it would have the legs on mine.
She was sceptical until she got put on the insurance on mine at the end of last month and took it out for a spin for the first time and she said she could notice the difference.

And she isn't a slow driver either!:eek:

Turbo LY R27
Ha ha! Me to mate! spose it does look a little sarcy!:S :cool:

This thread is genius! why do people care so much about times on the RS's? Look at the new evo mag it says the 197 takes nearly 20 secs to get to 100 which is rubbish, they timed the r27 at about 18 secs. But mine feels quicker than that. I have driven all (inc old school willy and 16v) apart from a trophy. If ya look at it the 17/182 wasnt really a massive jump. But it was more modern and the engine is far better and handling was spot on.

Same with new generation 197's. Renault surly no they could made easily 210-220bhp turbo or no turbo. But with the meg out the power couldnt be ridiculous. So handling is where its at, my R27 is much better than my 182. I think the 197 is a good progression up, and no doubt renault will bring out a 207 ( not pugeot lol) or something like that. Personally my R27 feels much more crisp and lively than the others. I thrashed mine from about 250-300 miles from new and feels really grunty.

All the RS clios are different i think, they are real good drivers cars and too much power could spoil how good they are standard. I did a track day in a 182 cup last summer and a evo8 couldnt over take me until the main straight, dont no how good a driver he was but the clio can carry so much speed.

Just enjoy what ya got its all down to driver at the end of the day.:)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Amen to that!

I've always said that if you worry too much about the figures then you aren't in it for the right reasons.....you will always want the next fastest car.
I had a laugh in a 1.7 Puma last week....cracking little car!

As long as it puts a smile on your face, nothing else should really matter.

Turbo LY R27
Yeah definatly. Mate of mine had a evo fq360, he soon got board of the power and got used to it, you always want to go faster. I know if i had too much power i would not have a liscence LOL! But think i mix of handling and power is great fun. :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
why not have a shoot out competion to answer this once and for all. everyone know ph1 will win. i'll race

That won't solve anything....you could be a lousy driver compared to someone who is Stig like.....what will is if we put a seasoned track driver in one of each, give him a flying lap round a track (or airfield), and then see what comes out on top.

EDIT...Good bit of editing there!!!

M2 Competition

Lol, there really isnt much in it mate.