ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soft Brake pedal

Just got my car back after a Major Service at Renault - it involved changing a Brake pipe. Now the brakes arent as sharp - there is a fair bit more travel before the start working and it takes longer to really get them stopping.

They were almost instant before - once you hit the pedal they were full on - now they are more progressive (which i guess is good in a way) but are they OK? Or is the the symptoms of something wrong?

I did prefer the brakes the way they were.

seems like they bled it badly. .....unless they fixed it and included a free air leak on the new pipe.

Been out and given it some enthusiastic driving and its not too bad - just takes a wee bit of getting used to.

you may get used to it mate but it shouldnt be doing it.

I could sort it for you if you fancy a drive to glasgow! lol

I just replaced a rear brake line abotu and hour agoin and bled it, now enjoying the rock hard (in comparison) pedal and the fact I can lock the rear wheels up with 3 clicks on the handbrake.

lol - im actually Staying in Glasgow from Friday to Sunday but wont have time to see you - what area are you? Im staying just off Great Western Road near Maryhill:eek:. Cant remember the exact name.

Getting the car RRd at Star on the way down tommorrow too.

I am in Penilee which is just beside Braehead and Makro. Or if your not that clued up about 2 miles from Paisley and about 2 miles from the clyde tunnel.