ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold My Clio, Replacement's Here!

hi, picked up my civic s reg 1.4 illusion in the super sonic blue colour,

there's not a mark on the car apart from one tiny tiny scratch under the rear window.

it's done a genuine 39k with 2 owners in the same family, got the train to newcastle yesterday morning at 10am, arrived at 2:15, left with the car at 3pm and arrived home at 9pm cause we stopped for lunch. (came from aberdeen scotland)

i have silver indicator lenses for the wing to go on to get rid of the orange, wind deflectors, vti interior trimmed in the red/purple colour, xenon style bulbs and a type-r style grill all arrived/arriving
gonna get most of that fitted this weekend.

i allready have my induction kit on the car.

got a few plans:
coilovers
type-r style lip kit
wheels are not being revealed till i get them
a cat back system 4.5inch
facelift rear lights
tints
tint the headlight inserts

took it out for a drive last night and it's such a good car, so responsive. to most people on this forum it'll be absolutely slow but to me coming from a 1.2 8v clio it's just so fast :D i'm over the moon,

well here are the pics of my new car
my pioneer head unit out the clio's in the car now, also some 250watt 6x9's and clear indicators on the wing as orange looks gash.

and a few taken earlier tonight of my first car, the clio and my 2nd car the civic, just before the clio goes away.

getting de-badged tomorow, and possibly the vti interior fitted if i can get a hold of a steam cleaner before it goes in

i am sad to see my clio go as it's a good car and handels much better on corners but for me i fancied a change, i will prob come back to renault and buy an older 172 as i had a thing for those.

however all comments welcome although the car may not be to everone's taste i'm happy.

cheers.

my gran used to have one of these lol

lol well the woman that had the car before me was 78 :D so it did on average 6 miles a week to get her to the shops that was it.

my insurance with direct line, the car with no mods listed, on my own policy, aged 18, first year driving, full comp is £1780 however it goes down to £1000 in march once i get my years no claims. and i've done pass plus, need to send it away actaully not bothered to do so.

the car's just so nippy.

on a private road i got 85 and still had a bit left to rev in only 3rd gear, that's only in a 1.4 :D over the moon with it.

not putting on alloys till next year as waiting till the winter passes and i'm gonna have to be careful due to black ice and all sorts of cold weather's treats.

going to be puttin a megane splitter on at the same time i put on my type-r grill as you have to take the bumper off so i'm gonna be unique, give it ago :D

will only be a temp till i get everything colour coded and my type-r or mugen lip kit.

Dunno...Doesn't seem much of an upgrade mate?

to me it is as the car's like brand new, i originally wanted a honda but couldn't afford one and there was no mint ones around at that time but now i've saved up money over the last year i've been able to afford one, if i come back to clio it'll have to be a 172 now i've got the taste for speed :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Dunno...Doesn't seem much of an upgrade mate?

to me it is as the car's like brand new, i originally wanted a honda but couldn't afford one and there was no mint ones around at that time but now i've saved up money over the last year i've been able to afford one, if i come back to clio it'll have to be a 172 now i've got the taste for speed :D

Fair nuff! Not a car i would of considered! Drove the ESi before which was nippy.

it was between that blue one and a green 1.5 vti ls but i couldn't afford the vti as the lowest the guy would come down to was 3k, and it had a higher mileage.

www.renparts.co.uk
horrid colour imo. Just not worth modifying as your never going to get anything back. Nice cars for the money though and extremely reliable. my grandma has one too :)

Would look better with a set of alloys in it, black ones with a polished lip would look great.

Looks clean though.

chav wagon is a no no, i'm going genuine honda parts and oem, mainly going to stick with mugen as i love their styling accessories.

car should be getting black wheels with blue lip as i want that jap tuner look, either that or a nice set of silver 5 spoke something or another haha

just a quick update for today. i de-badged some of the boot and put in the vit rear interior.
the front interior is going in once it's dry as it was steam cleaned today just so it's clean for going into the car.
the front seats sould be in by saturday afternoon and the door card trims are a little confusing, i need to take out all the pop rivets from the inside of the door to get the cloth out and replace it with the vti cloth which'll prob need to be pop riveted into the door again, not sure what to do about that.
badges before

after

stripped out the rear

standard and vti rear bench

finished

A silver Honda
Nice one, SSB is a nice colour imo. You should sign up to www.civicsportsclub.net if you haven't already ;)

This is one of my favorite EKs on there.

Coilovers, Type-R lip kit + grill, Rota Grids. simple but stunning imo.

1c330764.jpg

bc4fdfaf.jpg

c4480d24.jpg

yeh that belongs to a guy called john, it's for sale for 3k on pistonheads, i'm a member on civic sports club, i'm going to get everything colour coded, that car's inspired me to :D

Cupra
I had one of these a couple of years ago. It feels like you are sitting on the floor in them when you get in as the seat bases are so low.

Looks nice though.

oh kl well i'll look into getting jordan wheels from my local breaker, they'd look nice in white with the colour of the paint.

yeh you're really low in the cars, think it's cool.

RB 182 with CUP packs
Rota alloys FTW :)

Don't do the Megane splitter PLEASE!!!

Car looks great & with some sutble & well thought out JDM mods it will stunning.

Looks in great condition :)

ordered my wind deflectors from germany today from ebay, only cost 27 notes, also went to a tuning garage today and got a 300quid quote for a cat back 4.5 inch exhaust system :D

W

wickedbitch

lovely car but with all the money your going to spend on it surely you could spare some wonga to sponsor legohead. Its for a good cause

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
these orange bits on headlamps are awfull!!

GIVE IT A GOOD POLISH!!!

some 16's and a nice zorst and its looking nice man :):)

Cupra
While I remember, don't take the jet wash to your headlights! I wrecked one of mine as it looked like a lacquer had come off or something.

these orange bits on headlamps are awfull!!

GIVE IT A GOOD POLISH!!!

some 16's and a nice zorst and its looking nice man :):)

in the headlights? i have silver indicator bulbs on the way

and as for the tail lights i'm trying to source a set of tail lights from a facelift or type-r as they have no orange in the indicator.

car just won't stop drinking so much fuel :dapprove: costing a bomb