ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some d1ck's pranged my car

1.2 extreme, now in bits
popped into the supermarket for 5 mins, came out to find a huge dent on the passenger door and the paint chipped off it, and suprise suprise no insurance details left :( and the car park doesn't have cctv.

Gutted, gonna take a good panel-beater and paint job and my hard earned cash to sort it.

Will post pics, but to fu:quiet:ked off to go out and take pics off it :( :mad:

1.2 extreme, now in bits
i will get pics, but cant face looking at it at the moment, hoping it might not be as bad as i know it is if i dont look at it......

Turbo LY R27
+1 mate, pain in the arse! I remamber the 3rd day a had my brand new R27 i was driving back to work from lunch on the A5 and some one threw something off the bridge and hit my passenger side rear arch! Was fuming, fortunately no paint was chipped but it was on the arch crease. Got it beaten out tho so its all gd.

Just unfortunate there are so many tossers out there:(

Turbo LY R27
Think it was only about 60 quid roughly! They were pretty good, they said we'll beat it out come see what you think and if your not happy we will respray. Now being only 3 days old i didn't want it sprayed lol! They said coz its on a crease you might see little dimples where they beat it. But it was fine when i got it. It shouldn't be to pricey mate if its just in your door. How much paint is chipped matey? Stone chip size?

1.2 extreme, now in bits
its at the angle from where the bodywork slants towards the window and the main part of the door and the paints got maybe an 2inch split. thankfully its only the main part of the door thats dented

Turbo LY R27
Im no expert mate but if the paint has split, it sounds like a respray job. But i cant really say coz i aint seen it lol! Best bet mate is to take it to a reputable body shop in your town etc and get here opinion and get a quote. Its shat coz it aint your fault, but life is full of bell end cheeses! Never no, might get to wipe a bit back one day lol!:eek:

1.2 extreme, now in bits
spoke to a guy who knows a bit about cars, says id be better just getting a new door and getting it respraid, why pay for a panel beater and get it resrpaid when i can jus get it resprayed...

Well in that case I'm afraid you'll probably have to paint the full side (if the repair is big enough) to get the colour match correct, definitely (sp) will have to if you get a new door.

1.2 extreme, now in bits
Well in that case I'm afraid you'll probably have to paint the full side (if the repair is big enough) to get the colour match correct, definitely (sp) will have to if you get a new door.

oh great, this day gets better and better......

1.2 extreme, now in bits
pics as requested....:quiet:

Attachments

• P090309_11.21[01].JPG
    P090309_11.21[01].JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 67
  • P090309_11.56.JPG
    P090309_11.56.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 70
  • P090309_11.56[01].JPG
    35 KB · Views: 60
  Golf GTD Mk7
thats s**t mate. I never trust people in car parks. I always have to find a 'jonny spot' :) to park in. Usually far away or as close to a curb as possible. Steer clear of trolly bays. You never know what wind can do in car parks. Hope you get it sorted. It might just be a pop out and touch up job.

1.2 extreme, now in bits
been to see someone today, they'll be able to pop it out, but just depends what the damage to the paint is gonna be, its hard to get hold of the coulour because its not that common.