ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Qs about Clio Mk2-2 noises!

Megane 225

Thought maybe some things could be cleared up here and now...

First. When I first got the Clio last year (after driving an R reg Fiesta for 2 years), obviously it felt and sounded different. But it did strike me that I could hear the engine sound quite prominently coming from the front passenger footwell at 2-3k revs, as though it was missing a bit of soundproofing. That normal or not?

Next. Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick...(etc) every now and again when Im holding her at 3k-ish revs or coming off the gas from those revs in town driving (around 20-30mph in 2nd/3rd). I swear it didnt always do it, but maybe it is. Anyway I always notice it now, so any ideas?

Last (promise!). For those who have climate/aircon, do you get belt slippage after high-ish revs when the AC is on? Sounds crap.

Cheers if anyone can give answers.

Mk2 Golf GTI

i have a tick-tick-tick-tick-tick when i press the accelerator slightly to about 100-1500 revs. im sure it does it after that but you cant hear it as much as it doesnt get louder at higher revs.

Havent had the air con on at high revs much but i havent noticed this....

E90

You should try a 172, bangs, squeaks, rattles and whistles, and when I take the hard house CD out, the car sounds the same.:D

Tom - mine makes all of them as well. The noise from my passenger footwell sounds more like a metallic whine like a dodgy bearing or something. I think most peeps have the ticking and as for the AC noise i dont use it at the mo in this weather but I have noticed it when I hava had it on. At a guess id say it was the aux belt slipping but seeing as its not bothering me right at the moment I havent got round to getting it sorted.