ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Updated Shots of my Scooby

Havnt been on here for some time, a lot seems to have changed. thought i'd post up some updated pics of my car.

(cant seem to find my original thread)

But some old and new ones..

12032011340.gif

sso.jpg

flapopen.jpg

tunnel1.gif

Drag Strip With Mate
track.gif

Some Flames..
flames1.jpg

flames2.gif

Interior thanks to FMP on here for the Custom Bride..
interior3.jpg

interiorP.jpg

interior2.jpg

snapofwheel1.jpg

snapofwheel2.jpg

IMAG0023.gif

Opinions/General Comments?

Currently in the process of building a 2.35 engine for it with a rotated setup on a nice gt30/35 billet.

Once happy with mechanical, i will be doing a front and rear hawkeye conversion (i have the parts already lying around in my bedroom lol)

Cheers

Eddy

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Used to hate the bug eyes but i like them now for some reason.

That interior is HOT also.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Salreet.

Not really my bag though. Prefer standard imprezas tbh. Infact the only one i'd really want would be an RB320.

chers for the comments guys, and yeah i never used to like the bugeyes until i bought this one cheap completely standard 2 years ago.

this was the reason i looked thick and thin for a hawkeye front end as IMO that is the sexiest looking impreza they did (just weak engine, so i'll have the bonus of a strong engine). and my plan is it do an RB320 replica styling wise.. except it'll have the spec c roof flap as that mod cost me a lot lol stupid me for wanting individualism.

Eddy

cheers mate, i love the interior.. makes the car that lil bit more special :)

One of my mates wife is currently sewing me a custom bride gear gaitor to finish it off, along with flocked dash :D

thought i'd update this thread, (as ive always had a soft spot for cliosports after it being my first performance car. and on the look for another now this car is complete)

Ok figures are: 523.4 atw on 20% Meth, calculate that to whatever flywheel figure you want but i think its safe to say ive accomplished my goal of a 600bhp subaru.

Stroker kit.. went 2.1 route as oppose to original 2.35, sold the 2.2 block to fund this.

engine_internals.jpg

Cams:

379773_10151035502940501_826405500_22126030_951448883_n.jpg

Oversize Valves:

381796_10151035504775501_826405500_22126043_745898997_n.jpg

Brakes:

380440_10151035503355501_826405500_22126031_1225848960_n.jpg

SC GT30 Billet Turbo with 0.82 Exhaust Housing

gt30_billet.jpg

Fuel Setup:

boot_fuelling.jpg

and some of the car:

clean.jpg

car_wash.jpg

mapping.jpg

fb_profile_pic.jpg

Spoilerless and APR GT3 Formula Wing Mirrors

spoilerless.jpg

Snap off Wheel

cage.JPG

Me and a Mate with a 700bhp 2.35 GT35r Classic Type R

gr_2.JPG

gr_21.JPG

deadly.jpg

d6dly.jpg

Hope you like :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Love it without the spoiler, makes it look much better! the bride interior is really nice aswell :D

cheers guys, yeah the subaru and evo spoiler is pointless really and one is only needed after 160mph, so went lightweight carbon boot lid route from states. uber rare. also got rid of bonnet scoop now and just meshed over it, so its a lil more aero dynamic and doesnt flap about at top speeds.

Will get a vid up later after work, so you can hear what it sounds like :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Not a huge scooby fan but this is stunning.

Love how you are running it without any spoiler.

hope this vid works, not the best quality. cheers guys

http://vid256.photobucket.com/albums/hh189/eggy790_2/d6dly2ndto4th.mp4

edit: hope it now works, stupid vid

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Brutal car!!!!

The new boot/wing looks amazing, i've never liked the massive wings on the back of Imprezas,
in fact it's the main reason I prefer the wagons over saloons, but you've sorted that nicely.

when i first bought the car i loved the spoiler etc. but as ive grown older, i prefer the spoilerless look. some days i do miss my spoiler sometimes though.

Now you've replaced the Bonnet scoop with mesh, what happens when it rains?

Or is water on the IC not a problem?

no issues whatsoever, the car is kept in a garage over night and i dont tend to take it our in heavy rain as it wheelspins.

if it was parked on the road i wouldnt do this though, have heard people who have left their car stand a week with constant rain going through the reverse vent or mesh they have and it landing on gearbox causting twin plate clutches to stick and the car not to go in gear.

Thanks for kind comments guys :D, was a long way coming, glad its over and im enjoying it now, cant wait for the new season now.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
So is a sticking clutch due to water down the scoop a common problem?

I'm pretty sure my next car's going to be a WRX wagon, but i've not heard of that problem tbh.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Savage. At 300bhp they're quick enough, I just can't get my head around how it must feel with double that!

Great work mate.

Disastra Coupe
Only me who prefers it with the spoiler? I don't dislike it without but they just suit them imo. Still, nice work on the tuning.

So is a sticking clutch due to water down the scoop a common problem?

I'm pretty sure my next car's going to be a WRX wagon, but i've not heard of that problem tbh.

nah you wont have an issue, this is just on those modified cars with front mounts and flat vents on their bonnet which just lets water in.. and only seems to be on track cars that dont move as often, you wont have any issues.

my mate had the issue on his with this vent when it was stood for a month in heavy uk rain but as u can see its only with the flat bonnet vents.

Image0845.jpg

cooler.jpg

this is mine meshed:

bonnet_vent_delete.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't think Subaru would build a car that can't cope with rain,
if they did they wouldn't sell many over here. lol

Expect a few pm's from me sometime next year then,
if I buy a totally standard car i'll need some tips on getting it up to 300bhp. :evil:

lol the standard cars will deal with rain fine, the issue starts when guys like me modify them and try to make them more aero dynamic lol for that lil extra. dont worry you wont have any issues.. and pms are not a problem pal.

300bhp is peice of piss ;) but make sure you start with an sti, overall loads better all round car, suspension and brakes wise etc.