ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony PS3 update 3.56 - lets Sony ban hacked consoles

chumpmobile
good on them, but it will only last a short while, someone will get around it, i bet you!

Revels Mum & Sister
Pretty much already done.
UPDATE #1: As expected, the new firmware kills all homebrew. The update includes a new .self file with a new, previously unknown, key inside. This means all homebrew tools will have to be updated in order to restore functionality. More to come.

UPDATE #2: KaKaRoToKS is pushing keys and new versions of his tools to his github

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaKaRoToKS
pup from ps3utils and puppack/pupunpack from ps3tools in github.com/kakaroto can now pack/unpack 3.56 correctly.
lv1 and lv2 keys are now pushed to my ps3keys repo.. more coming
isoldr keys are now pushed too.

PS3 is starting to get on my nerves a bit tbh... All the hacking on MW2 etc...
I never thought id say this, but they need to take a leaf out of Microsoft's book. Ive never seen (or heard of, for that matter) any hacking on xbox in recent times.

Bit of a joke how they put out new FW and pretty much straight away is hacked again!!

Dirty E91
360 was hacked within months of it coming out irc, all this has only really kick off since they removed the ability to run Linux.

Revels Mum & Sister
PS3 is starting to get on my nerves a bit tbh... All the hacking on MW2 etc...
I never thought id say this, but they need to take a leaf out of Microsoft's book. Ive never seen (or heard of, for that matter) any hacking on xbox in recent times.

Bit of a joke how they put out new FW and pretty much straight away is hacked again!!

LOL really? Google JTAG!

Mk4 .:R32
The latest PS3 update took about 5 hours to download for me.

Stupid internet. Advertises as upto 10mbps, but when I attempted to download skype last night it was downloading at 29kbps....awesome

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! Mines took 10/15 minutes as did the BOP's one.

Some people need to get out more, hacking consoles? Like seriously are we back in the 90's?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I haven't noticed any difference at all. Still a lot of hacked lobbies....

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah all the hackers were bitching on COD forum cos they have all been banned. Lol but the real hackers are always 1 step ahead and there will be a way around it pretty soon.
I don't mind the odd hacked lobby but using Mods to get headshots is just ghey. Don't do the crime if ya can't do the time.

Fiesta ST-2
Yeah they're not really hackers just gayass kids who think they're hackers because they followed a few steps on the Internet. When in reality they're just cheating c**ts.

Im a hacker, I jailbroke my iPhone and put custom firmware on my psp. So watch out or I'll de-rank you innit.

Dirty E91
Yeah they're not really hackers just gayass kids who think they're hackers because they followed a few steps on the Internet. When in reality they're just cheating c**ts.

Im a hacker, I jailbroke my iPhone and put custom firmware on my psp. So watch out or I'll de-rank you innit.

What, you actually created a hack like George Hotze or just downloaded it?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
As much as cheating pisses me off as well, It won't improve, not for any substantial period of time anyway.

The PS3 remained unhacked until Sony removed a feature that people bought the console for... pissing off the REAL hackers.. they then got pissed cause the 'unhackable' ps3 was then hacked, and not just hacked.. but hacked to the point that Sony cannot fix.. then went into a rage and are now trying to take the hackers to court.. which the media picked up on.. Nobody cares about being banned from PSN.. well no one that matters.. besides people are developing their own PSN now.

Striessand Effect is in the house..

As a side to cracking the PS3 it's nice to see sony care about their customers by sending credit card info unencrypted over the internet and are spying on every little thing you do with your PS3.