ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be a 172 Cup owner

Just gotta sell my Saxo as the Renault garage wont give me 5k for my car. Am I getting a good deal for the Cup its got a private plate, 10k on the clock, and Air Con which I never knew was even an option on the Cup. But anyway I can have it for £9000. Which Im happy with as Its got a plate wort about 900quid, and the Air Con and its absolutely mint. Also anyway to change my username once I get the Cup.

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by RobVTR03 on 04 September 2005

Am I getting a good deal for the Cup its got a private plate, 10k on the clock, and Air Con which I never knew was even an option on the Cup. But anyway I can have it for £9000.
I guess thats ok, what plate/date was it registered though? I got a December 2003 (18 months warranty left) 172 Cup with private CUP plate and 8k on the clock for £8395 back in May from a dealer.

The value of a private plate is only worth thinking about if it actually means something to you or the car so I wouldnt take the £900 value of that in to consideration too much.

Cups generally go from anywhere upwards of £7000 now so I would seriously consider shopping around, 52 plate examples with under 30k often go for around £7k, so if you dont intend on keeping it for 3 years or more I would look for a slightly older one and save yourself £2k. After all, £2k could get you some nice Cobra buckets, H&R coilovers, an ITG Maxogen and enough spare change to pay for the declared mods on the insurance.

[Edited by ukaskew on 04 September 2005 at 11:47pm]

RB182cup&golf gti

as per ukaskews post im sure you could bargain a better deal as there are better deals to be had and the private plate is not worth entering into the equation