ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be Clio owner - Advice/tips/Insurance

Hi guys,

I'm 18 in a couple of weeks and then that's when I'll be getting a Clio 1.2 Dinamique in Black!!

I know a lot of peoples opinions on here are anti-replica but I will be looking to eventually put Sport Bumpers on!!...as insurance on a Sport would be stuuuuupid.

Alloys, I'm not too sure...maybe Pro Race 1.2's but I don't know which is the best size? 16" or 17"??

Also, what is the best thing to do to lower the car? I don't want it slammed on ground...just lowered slightly so its not sitting like a tractor.

Are there any mod's that are a must do's?!

In terms of insurance, who are you guys with?? especially for those who have declared their modifications...

Many Thanks,

Will post some pictures of up when I finally get the car! :)

Jas

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Perfect first car!

But remember that any mods will affect your (already high, no doubt) insurance. I apreciate it'll be your first car and you'll be keen to make chages to your individual taste etc, but try to choose things that are less likely to mean more £££ on your insurance. Unless off course you have deep pockets, I'm sure you'll get lots of advice on here on what's best and what not to do.

53 Clio 172
Whats been said really. As for insurance, shop around A LOT and you will find good deals about!

If you just stick to lowering the car with some new wheels (ignoring bumpers etc) it shouldn't be too bad on insurance.

Perfect first car I agree

Yep, don't think I'll modify it for a while due to insurance.

Who are you guys insured with and what sort've price are you paying?

Are there any pics of some black clio's that have just got alloys and lowered without the bumpers??

clio
Bell Insurance are pretty cheap im 19 with one years no claims and it cost me £1300 fully comp on my own policy i drive a 2005 clio 1.2 and stick your mum and dad on as named drivers if you can

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Shop around for insurance, and dont just go online, ring them up too.

Check out the insurance for young drivers thread in the insurance section for companies to try.

Leave it standard and save the cash for insurance/running costs

This way you'll be able to save up some cash to get a better car when you inevitably get bored of the 1.2 clio, instead of wasting it all on pointless cosmetic mods

clio sport 182
iv just bought my clio a few weeks ago i'm only 20 and i have gone from a group 1 insurance straight to a group 16 and im with hastings direct and it only cost me £400 a year more :eek: was well happy

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
First rule of Clio ownership is .. Never put 17s on a Clio.

Second rule of Clio ownership is .. Never put 17s on a Clio.

Third rule of CS.Net is to put pics up (not of yourself unless you're particularly handsome, but even then, don't bother).

Shop around, call up every single company in the world for insurance. Check out moneysupermarket dot com forums for young driver policies maybe ?
Don't bother putting sport bumpers on a 1.2 .. you'll have to put the wings, arches etc on, and then pay more on insurance, and you'll find the money you've wasted would pay for a sport anyway (ph1's are stupid cheap now).

Just chill out, and keep it between the ditches !

:cool: