ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be the owner of a 197 F1

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
Hello everyone.
Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I have recently ordered a Clio 197 Team F1, so thought I'd come and sign up over here.
Was considering buying a Trophy, but to be honest I really wanted a brand new one, so went for the 197. Test drove a normal 197 the day I ordered, and I loved it.

I have been the owner of a Saxo VTS for the last year and a member over on SaxoSportsClub, and for me, a lover of great handling cars, the only progression was to move on to a RenaultSport Clio.

Will hopefully be sticking round for a while, and hope to make an appearance at some events in the future.

Cheers, Darren

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
Managed to get the car alone for £16000 from Renault Dealership in Doncaster. I then popped a few extras on, Liquid Yellow paint, Cornering Lamps, Climate.

Expensive, I know.

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
christian rea - coming from the world of Citroen, i am more than familiar with the problems of little French cars :)

Renaultsport Clio 172 Ph2
OMG i cant believe u spent that much moneyon a 197 they are so nasty compared to trophys they are the type of this that you see an old man having a mid life criss driving!!!!!!! You should have saved ur cash and waited for the corsa VXR!

OMG i cant believe u spent that much moneyon a 197 they are so nasty compared to trophys they are the type of this that you see an old man having a mid life criss driving!!!!!!! You should have saved ur cash and waited for the corsa VXR!

Behave, how can you call a 197 nasty?

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
The Corsa was an option, but in my opinion, it is overstyled and it will certainly not be anywhere near a match for the 197s chassis.

Plus, it is still after all, a Corsa ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Then once he collected it, he could have gone to JJB sports for some Reebok Classics and a Makenzie hoodie, and he'd have fitted right in. :rolleyes:

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

for a minute there i thought you knew what you were talking about... but then you suggested a corsa VXR. :rasp:

The corsa grown on me, I reckon in black, with the 18s it will look alright.(although djmode, your a muppet)

The 197 is a tidy car, and fair play for getting a liquid one! Will await the pictures!!

Breaking A 172 Replica
Welcome to CS buddy, and where abouts did you test drive the car?

I live in Grantham and they don't ever have any RS's in stock :(

Sam

Scirocco GT 210
The Corsa was an option, but in my opinion, it is overstyled and it will certainly not be anywhere near a match for the 197s chassis.

Plus, it is still after all, a Corsa ;)

Well EVO preferred it to the 197. Although that was mainly because it's so fat and slow. :rasp:

I'm sure you'll enjoy the 197, I enjoyed the one I test drove. It shouldn't have that engine in it though.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'm like the 197 more and more every time i see one!

not see a F1 yet! ur only the other side of the bridge from me!

if i'm ever over there i'll keep an eye out 4 u! can't miss a yellow one;)

have fun with it

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
good work mate, enjoy the 197, ignore the hters. they don't appreciate the finer artsof the 197! it is lost on them ;)

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
C.slicker - test drove and ordered the car from Evans Halshaw Renault in Doncaster. Very impressed with the level of service from the lads there. I, too tried the Dealer in Grantham, but was told that a colleague had taken the demo car home for the weekend, and they didn't seem to keen to help either. So they lost an order. Ah well

With regards to the speed of the car, it is plenty quick enough. I think that the size and refinement of the car perhaps numb the feeling of "speed" a little. And I am sure with a re-map and a couple of changes, that torque figure can soon look a little more promising

Cheers for the comments :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Welcome to the Renaultsport fold mate. Enjoy the car. Oh and if things ever get a bit much for you in terms of any 197 criticism you can always buddy up with Seb.....he's impervious to any 197 knocking and has the correct tinted glasses on.

He is also nursing a dented wallet and wounded perception...but then again no-one on here actually "hates" the 197 so make of it what you will!

Most importantly, have fun!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
no dented wallet here my friend ;) only one very satisfied customer.

where they the tinted glasses i borrowed off you by any chance?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
I cant help wondering how the renault developments have gone backwards over the years. Everyone seems to rave alot about the williams&now after the 172/182 comes the 197 which in many peoples views is one of the most disappointing cars renault have ever produced!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
No i lost mine ages ago Seb....could have done with them the last time i had a crack in a 197 as well.

Ahh well...nevermind. I guess i'll have to put up with my kick ass Cup.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol ;)

i couldn't live without air con tbh, but thtas just me! i am constantly hot, my air con never goes off!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I do sometimes wish i could have the luxury but then i just wind the windows down and drive faster....hehe.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
a cup with air con is well cool, esp in silver. but standard cup also nice.

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
jph172 - I think the 197 is far from a disappointment.

The only real complaints people seem to have against the car are

1) Its not quick enough - I'm sorry but 6.9 secs to 60 is quick, and I don't think that 1 or 2 tenths of a second really make that much of a difference in the real world.

2) The steering is too light and lacks feel - perhaps yes, but surely this is a matter of opinion to many people. And also, the Cup package on the F1 has supposed to have improved this anyway.

Tangoed Works
sounds good mate, imo the clio is far classier than a corsa. dont see vauxhall any where in F1.

C

Clio_Craig

good choice in car fella, hope u enjoy it, and welcome to cs hope ur alrite m8

Id be interested to see what you make of the car. Have you ever driven a clio before? New or old?

*Goes off on a tangent*
My dad's just ordered an RS Megane. He test drove a 225 and loved it! But then the price of £19,000 put him off. So he did some investigating and god knows how managed to get a 230 R26 F1 in *that* blue (is it mondial???) brand new 0 miles on it for just £15,000!!! Roll on delivery (8 weeks).

cock mobile.
Is this the first official R27 order on the site?

Lovely motor mate, look forward to the pics.

LY V6 with Recaros
Welcome to cs. The liquid r27s looks really nice, I'm sure you'll love it. Much prefere them to the corsa too :)

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
Cheers, for all the comments.
There will most definately be plenty of pics when it arrives.

As for knowing what number it is, no I don't. Will only find out the day it arrives.