ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SOTW Pistonheads-Clio 172

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
£1k that's bang for buck right there!

The interior is always going to be meh but it's still a pretty car and very cheap!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice find, great little hot hatch, just a shame its French and will almost certainly be suffering or will suffer from dodgy electricals. Good for 6 months hooning or track car though then move it on

Am I the only one that doesn't notice that many electrical complaints from owners?

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  340i
LOL...

"saddled with unfortunate goggle-eyed looks, and they perhaps aren't as revered as some of the later, more hardcore Clios that share the same basic body shell"

Oh dear.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  CBR1K, F21 125D
"Am I the only one that doesn't notice that many electrical complaints from owners?"

I suggest you look other than General chat then..

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I have to admit the old 172 was not the best looker.The mk2 was much better.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 5 RS
LOL...

"saddled with unfortunate goggle-eyed looks, and they perhaps aren't as revered as some of the later, more hardcore Clios that share the same basic body shell"

Oh dear.

JESUS. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN shot for less. Do offcom deal with such complaints?!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Inferno 182 & Saxo
They love bashing french cars on pistonheads. Theres a guy on there cussing the french electrics and reliability and his choice of steed is hyundai..

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  340i
LOL...

Oh dear.

More hardcore Clio's... are they on drugs?

Obviously climate control, FBW throttle, restrictive catalytic converters are deemed "hardcore" on Piston Heads?!?!? :S

JESUS. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN shot for less. Do offcom deal with such complaints?!

I imagine they have been flooded with thousand of complaints for that article!

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   1
99% of PH drive TVRs and get a lob on everytime Matt Neal is mentioned, its a weird site... never jelled with it unfortunately.

their lot were so arrogant in LeMans last year too.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mini Cooper S sport
Ahhh. now I understand the 'pissing on pillow and shitting in shoes' comment from Revlols!

Bargain.

Thing is, I always associate SOTW with Barry Boys!

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Some hairy penis said:
From what I remember, this was more a problem with the ph2 172 as the airbox was a restriction. I thought ph1 cars were closer to the book figure.

errr?

what now

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Merc, Clio
This was mine......Did put it up for sale on here but no takers...Was a brilliant car before the belt snapped...

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
how much did you sell it to him for?

just wondering if he has done it to make a profit?

because otherwise why do all that work to sell it cheap

PH is laughable i dont think i have ever had an electrical fault on any one of my 8 clios

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Merc, Clio
The guy's a mechanic ...but to be honest he'll not be making much on a grand..Think I had it on here for £750. Other than services, tyres etc. it only ever let me down with a light relay and the crank sensor...

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  FormulaFord Ecoboost
They love bashing french cars on pistonheads. Theres a guy on there cussing the french electrics and reliability and his choice of steed is hyundai..

And I'm now regretting starting arguing with him :( but he refuses to listen (read) to what I'm saying.