ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound Barrier Material

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I read in a thread on here before someone who had got some sort of insulation/ sound proofing stuff from b&q I believe and lined his boot floor, rear doorcards with the stuff to reduce rattles and stop the road noise. Can't find it for the life of me now though!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Im not to worried about the rattles as its pretty ok for that.
Just want to reduce the drone exhaust on motorways etc,i did think of using a thick Rubber matting to,to maybe use and have that under the boot floor and rear seats.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I've used it.
Didn't make a huge difference but removes the thud when you tap a panel. For the time and effort I'd say don't bother or swap the exhaust out.

I can see what your saying but i want to keep the stealth look,so think i will cut the angle of the tailpipe to aim the gases outwards rather than downwards & bouncing back up under the car to cause the drone noise on motorways.Hopefully this will help a bit with a thick rubber matt on the boot floor.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I put it on top of the standard mat, the reason being is that its rubber and ribbed so the stuff you put in the boot doesnt slide around.

The link was just an example and if you search around you can probably get it fairly cheaply. search for Electrician safety mat or matting .

Depending on how bad your droning is you may be better putting a mid section on to your exhaust.