ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales karting meet - December

clio 182 trophy
Hmmm I spy an unfair advantage :smile:
Glad I'm not the only one....I used to work at Supakart haha!
Did you? How long ago? I used to go there quite a lot!

Just realised this is the newport one and it was teamsport i used to go to a lot, so please ignore!

6pm is fine for me! Looking forward to it!

[emoji57] Hope nobody Googled my FWT karting trophys..... it's Florida Winter Tour kart series [emoji11] [emoji9]

Lol. And I won in 2010 looking about 10.... so that'd make me 14 now [emoji38]

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Haha was going to mention about the age of that boy and it only being 4 years ago so barely old enough to drive.

Shame there's only 3 professionals attending was expecting more, however i do like a few back markers to get the battle heated.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Did you? How long ago? I used to go there quite a lot!

Just realised this is the newport one and it was teamsport i used to go to a lot, so please ignore!

6pm is fine for me! Looking forward to it!

Make sure you're there for 5:30pm chap!

I worked there from 15-17, long time ago now but I've still got it :) I might of had a sneaky practice session recently Hahahahaha ;)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Haha a sneaky practice session, feeling the pressure already fella?.

I'll let you have it as your going to need it anyway :wink:.

LY 182 T
@LiquidYellDan impressive that mate, i won the series in 2007 and 08, but ive hurt my thumb since boys so ill be a couple of seconds off the pace. its like a really really bad thumb injury.

@LiquidYellDan impressive that mate, i won the series in 2007 and 08, but ive hurt my thumb since boys so ill be a couple of seconds off the pace. its like a really really bad thumb injury.
Yeah. I was British champion when I was 8 and went on to be European champion by age of 12. Just do it for fun now though.... [emoji106]

Injuries suck. Hurt my foot, it's my right one too, the go fast foot......, so might be a bit off the mark myself [emoji14]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha a sneaky practice session, feeling the pressure already fella?.

I'll let you have it as your going to need it anyway :wink:.

Pressures on you karting champions, who knows if I've had a practice session, it could be an elaborate rouse.
One things for certain...someone has to turn up dressed like mario!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Quality:up:, hope both your injuries get better soon, if you need a good physiotherapist and coach to help you get through this tough time i'll pass on the details to the guy who made me win the World Cup series back to back in 2011/12.
He also worked with Lewis Hamilton and look at that dude now, if only i hadn't sacked him for inappropriately touching me i'd probably be world champion.

Here's a vid of me in action :smile:

Quality:up:, hope both your injuries get better soon, if you need a good physiotherapist and coach to help you get through this tough time i'll pass on the details to the guy who made me win the World Cup series back to back in 2011/12.
He also worked with Lewis Hamilton and look at that dude now, if only i hadn't sacked him for inappropriately touching me i'd probably be world champion.

Here's a vid of me in action [emoji2]

Good video that. Those karts must be worth a few quid. Their bloody fast...... reminds me of the good old days [emoji14]
I'll call my old physio up thanks..... hopefully he's not away with the F1 team. [emoji106]

Screw Mario. I'm coming as yoshi [emoji38]

clio 182 trophy
[/QUOTE]
Is it just me or does this seem terrifying? 130mph into a corner and as soon as you touch the brake and go down the box your squirming all over the place. Would def love a go though, but wouldn't have the balls to go past 70. One mistake and your dead. At least in a proper single seater you would have a chance.
How much are these anyone know? Bet the box is thousands by itself! It sequential?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Is it just me or does this seem terrifying? 130mph into a corner and as soon as you touch the brake and go down the box your squirming all over the place. Would def love a go though, but wouldn't have the balls to go past 70. One mistake and your dead. At least in a proper single seater you would have a chance.
How much are these anyone know? Bet the box is thousands by itself! It sequential?[/QUOTE]

Normally 250cc two stroke engines from motorcross bikes bolted in. 6 speed sequential boxes and about 50-70 kgs in weight depending on specification/chassis/body work.

To build one your probably looking at close on 10k if not more.

clio 182 trophy
How much are these anyone know? Bet the box is thousands by itself! It sequential?

Normally 250cc two stroke engines from motorcross bikes bolted in. 6 speed sequential boxes and about 50-70 kgs in weight depending on specification/chassis/body work.

To build one your probably looking at close on 10k if not more.[/QUOTE]
Thought they would be more than that! I will get a decent kart in a few years. There is a track near tenby that looks cracking! I wouldn't want something as mad as that but would a couple of k get a good bit of kit?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
A cool idea with the costumes but unlucky we can't do it. Even if we were aloud i have something else to wear as it's a bit of tradition for me while karting.

As for the FIA karts your looking at close to 15k a few years back I was looking for one to have a go at making it road registered with some bike engine, I did see a race spec 350 4stroke and that was fetching 7k second hand, God knows what spec it was but 7k on something to mess about is mental.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, I took a little trip down to Supakart to see what the new track layout is like.

Nothing much has changed apart from the obvious (it's running backwards) they've added a chicane on the top tier of the track before you go back down to the lower level.
The new karts are as expected...new.

Looking forward to Saturday now. So much so that I'll be bringing the helmet camera along.
If anyone else has one please bring it along and send the footage over afterwards.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah I have a go pro 2 with plenty of cards for footage that's already attached to my bike helmet so will bring that along, as for the karts do they seam quick?.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I have a go pro 2 with plenty of cards for footage that's already attached to my bike helmet so will bring that along, as for the karts do they seam quick?.

They've got a fair bit of poke tbh chap. Only downside being the kart I was in.... Didn't seem to want to accelerate out of one corner...had my foot down and it wouldn't pick up pace then after a second or two would shoot off.

Didn't know you were a fellow biker as well chap, what you riding?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
They've got a fair bit of poke tbh chap. Only downside being the kart I was in.... Didn't seem to want to accelerate out of one corner...had my foot down and it wouldn't pick up pace then after a second or two would shoot off.

Didn't know you were a fellow biker as well chap, what you riding?
Glad to hear that they got a fair bit of poke, nothing worse than expecting fast karts and you get ones that take half a millennium to get going.
Sweet another fellow rider happy days. Yeah i've been riding bikes for about 12years on and off (only been legal the last 5/6 though :wink:)
I'm now what you'd call a fair weather rider to be honest as for the bike it's a cbr600rr on a 2005 but I've modified it with a few upgrades to make it look unique.

So what bike do you ride fella?.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Nice bike, original looks dated, but upgrades make it look like a new model! [emoji106] [emoji5]

I keep intending on doing my bike licence. Now I have a garage it'd be ideal to get a licence as if have somewhere suitable to keep it too.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Glad to hear that they got a fair bit of poke, nothing worse than expecting fast karts and you get ones that take half a millennium to get going.
Sweet another fellow rider happy days. Yeah i've been riding bikes for about 12years on and off (only been legal the last 5/6 though :wink:)
I'm now what you'd call a fair weather rider to be honest as for the bike it's a cbr600rr on a 2005 but I've modified it with a few upgrades to make it look unique.

So what bike do you ride fella?.

Love the CBR6's myself.
I'm riding a gsxr6 k4 model.
Was running her with boost but the plenum chamber split so she's back on 750 k5 bodies, kNn filter, arrows titanium pipe and a fruity GP race can until it's replaced.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 6
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Nice bike, original looks dated, but upgrades make it look like a new model! [emoji106] [emoji5]

I keep intending on doing my bike licence. Now I have a garage it'd be ideal to get a licence as if have somewhere suitable to keep it too.
Thanks fella, pretty pleased with how it's turned out it did take me 2 half years to find the right bike to mess about with and it always gets a few looks or people ask about it at bike stops so can't complain.

A bit of friendly advise before you book your test and look for a bike, I might be trying to teach you how to suck eggs here but make sure you weight up costs against usage of the bike (no point having a 8k setup in the garage for 300 miles a year).
I can't emphasise this enough make sure you buy decent quality riding gear inc boots and what ever you do DON'T go out in normal jeans.

Don't mean to scare you but have seen a few new riders pay the ultimate price for buying cheap gear and ending up gravel rashed from a simple slide down the road.

Have you rode a bike before if not a good starting bike would be a "naked" (bandit 600 type) it's also dirt cheap on insurance, if not your style of bike what do you fancy?.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Love the CBR6's myself.
I'm riding a gsxr6 k4 model.
Was running her with boost but the plenum chamber split so she's back on 750 k5 bodies, kNn filter, arrows titanium pipe and a fruity GP race can until it's replaced.
Sweet bike fella have always liked the k4/5 gsxr's over the newer style ones, at one point before buying the cbr I was thinking of buying a gsxr's 750 but insurance was stupid being my 1st road legal bike. Wtf running boost :dizzy: omg I bet that was a animal to hold onto and keep the front end down?, how did the bike cope with the boost has it had any internal work or was it a small low pressure turbo running little boost?.
God damn it dude can't stop thinking should I have a go at boosting mine now :rage: haha.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Well that's that idea out of the window 5k+2k optional extras and +vat, I'd rather sell the bike and put the extra money to my dream bike and have 190bhp std (see 2nd pic).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 4

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Wtf running boost :dizzy: omg I bet that was a animal to hold onto and keep the front end down?, how did the bike cope with the boost has it had any internal work or was it a small low pressure turbo running little boost?.
God damn it dude can't stop thinking should I have a go at boosting mine now :rage: haha.

She flew, wanted to lift when coming up to 9k even in 5th. Light bike short wheel base...epic fun.
The internals on gsxr engines are pretty damn strong, timing check and valve clearance check before hand.

Ran using a k04 turbo on 6psi, when first fitted it bogged on the throttle quite a lot. Bit of fine tuning and she ran like a dream.
Have a video of the bike running on a private road up on my Facebook.

I've no doubt in my mind that in a drag she'd pull hard on a BMW. If your going for a bike to boost get an r1.
That's my next bike for sure.

Thanks fella, pretty pleased with how it's turned out it did take me 2 half years to find the right bike to mess about with and it always gets a few looks or people ask about it at bike stops so can't complain.

A bit of friendly advise before you book your test and look for a bike, I might be trying to teach you how to suck eggs here but make sure you weight up costs against usage of the bike (no point having a 8k setup in the garage for 300 miles a year).
I can't emphasise this enough make sure you buy decent quality riding gear inc boots and what ever you do DON'T go out in normal jeans.

Don't mean to scare you but have seen a few new riders pay the ultimate price for buying cheap gear and ending up gravel rashed from a simple slide down the road.

Have you rode a bike before if not a good starting bike would be a "naked" (bandit 600 type) it's also dirt cheap on insurance, if not your style of bike what do you fancy?.

Yeah. I like a lot. You have New Z ties? Or just like flag design?

Yeah. A naked bandit fazer or hornet type bike I was looking at to be honest. Around 2 to 3k.

I definitely would not ride in jeans!

Will prob look into it in new year.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Wow fair play fella to be honest reading your comment on how it behaves i don't think i'd do a turbo conversion on the 6. I do like the front end coming up on mine when i want it too but all the time with little effort on a heated ride i think it would pee me off tbh.
I've no doubt in my mind that it could pull hard on the bmw which is very impressive for a 600 especially considering the bmw is the most powerful road bike of the production line.

No i don't have any New Z ties the whole graphics on the bike is a replica of a race bike in 2006 if i remember right.
As for the bike it's a good choice for a starter plenty of power and very cheap to run.