ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales karting meet - December

Bug

Megane rs250
Unfortunately guys i cant attend now, i hope this doesn't cause any issues for the day now but its out of my hands, dont really want to explain the reason why on here but, sorry anyway guys hopefully in the new year we can sort something out

LY 182 T
i need to do my test before april, already done my cbt and theory test twice but never got around to doing the test.

boy in work was asking if i wanted to buy his zx6r earlier funny enough :smile:.

ive got a go pro what mounts do you boys use to fit them to your helmet? ill fetch mine along aswell if you want?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
i need to do my test before april, already done my cbt and theory test twice but never got around to doing the test.

boy in work was asking if i wanted to buy his zx6r earlier funny enough :smile:.

ive got a go pro what mounts do you boys use to fit them to your helmet? ill fetch mine along aswell if you want?

Get your test done chap, it's easy IMO.

In regards to what mount to use I wouldn't know as far as GOpros, I use a DriftHD myself :/

LY 182 T
Get your test done chap, it's easy IMO.

In regards to what mount to use I wouldn't know as far as GOpros, I use a DriftHD myself :/
yehh if i did have a problem i think it would be with mod 1. balance not my strongest point lol

ill fetch it along anyway and chuck it on the helmet down there :up:. Got my xmas works doo friday so hope im in a fit state come saturday :mask:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
yehh if i did have a problem i think it would be with mod 1. balance not my strongest point lol

ill fetch it along anyway and chuck it on the helmet down there :up:. Got my xmas works doo friday so hope im in a fit state come saturday :mask:

Go with "Celtic rider training" for your test chap, the owner and trainer (Simon) is a top bloke and will have your balance issue sorted for sure.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Dan as for go pro mount use the curved sticky back mount, mount it on top otherwise you'll need angled extenders.

Make sure you clean the surface prior to fitting and once dry get a hair dryer to heat up the sticky pad leave for a day before use and should be good to use.

LY 182 T
Dan as for go pro mount use the curved sticky back mount, mount it on top otherwise you'll need angled extenders.

Make sure you clean the surface prior to fitting and once dry get a hair dryer to heat up the sticky pad leave for a day before use and should be good to use.

If that was ment for me cheers bud [emoji106]

M3, Cup racer'd 182
If that was ment for me cheers bud [emoji106]
Sorry dude just noticed that you asked not dan so yeah was for you, I was quickly reading through and didn't pay attention to who was posting i automatically assumed that it was dan saying he done his cbt and theory test.

Welcome to the biking club dude and as for your balance not being your strongest point, Get on a push bike and try some manoeuvers at a crawling pace it's probably the cheapest way to practice.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
5:30 it is then, I bloody knew you had a sneaky practice and it wasn't a elaborate rouse you dirty dog :wink:, just 29.109 I swear that a girlfriend of mine a few years back had a 28 something.
This should be a whitewash then :wink: consistency is the biggest key here.

If i lose I've already got my excuse mind guys :tongueout: being 6ft3" and 14st is hard for the kart to lug me around, i hope that none of you are 3ft nothing and 8st soaking wet.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
5:30 it is then, I bloody knew you had a sneaky practice and it wasn't a elaborate rouse you dirty dog :wink:, just 29.109 I swear that a girlfriend of mine a few years back had a 28 something.
This should be a whitewash then :wink: consistency is the biggest key here.

If i lose I've already got my excuse mind guys :tongueout: being 6ft3" and 14st is hard for the kart to lug me around, i hope that none of you are 3ft nothing and 8st soaking wet.

No that practice session was an elaborate rouse, this one however wasn't :tongueout: 28 seconds you say your gf had on the old track lay out? Impressive :smile:

I heard consitancy was key to.... ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 10
Lol. Looking forward to this....
At least lap timers are working now, last time I was there it was a shambles. None of timing was working, all karts were shagged and had to wear the rancid gloves and helmets.

So this should be a lot better and lot more competitive fun!! Last bunch were on a stag do and some of them were shocking.
Also filters, who the f**k ran a 38 second time in your pic?! Must have been 30 stone!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Haha some good times there dude, as for what track layout (been at least 7/8 years since i was there) all I can remember it was running clockwise direction from looking at the raised watching area.

Take it they'll be scoring it on the least overall time to complete a no of laps or who ever complete's the most laps in a given time frame?

Haha Alex, dieting already started for me last night around 7pm, i'm hoping that by tonight my weight would have dropped by 7st :wink:.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol. Looking forward to this....
At least lap timers are working now, last time I was there it was a shambles. None of timing was working, all karts were shagged and had to wear the rancid gloves and helmets.

So this should be a lot better and lot more competitive fun!! Last bunch were on a stag do and some of them were shocking.
Also filters, who the f**k ran a 38 second time in your pic?! Must have been 30 stone!

No idea bud...was 4 hours before I went down with TonyD, who's now not coming so I need to find another person to come along as deposits are down for 11 people and we only have 10 now.

@M4D M4X it's now running anticlockwise so that sounds about right, though 28 something on that lay out was only achieved by full blown foot down action without using the brakes.

It's scored on total number of laps and quickest time/times if memory serves correct, though it's been 10 years since I worked there!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Im really looking forward to this, if i can actually get there! alot of roads on route closed due to ice -.-

that was early this morning tho, fingers crossed the sun has cleared things!

clio 182 trophy
Im really looking forward to this, if i can actually get there! alot of roads on route closed due to ice -.-

that was early this morning tho, fingers crossed the sun has cleared things!
Sun is out and the roads should be fine mate. Went down loads of country roads this morning and was slippery early on but fine now. May need to take it easy once the sun goes down though!lol