ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales karting meet - December

I want an impreza. Sounds lovely. Vtec sounds like a bag of nails compared to a burble from an impreza [emoji5]
Roads were very slippery on way home!...... 8k around bends in 2nd might have had something to do with loss of traction mind you. [emoji14]
Tell me about it! I may have encountered a white scoob on the way home... Man it made the Civic look slow!

However on another note :smile: :
2014-12-13192027_zps28802039.jpg
Be interested to see the blooper reel from the karting.
This was good fun. Be nice to do more stuff like this :smile:
If (when) we do something like this again we should attach our forum names to something though!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one to everyone for turning up and making tonight a successful and fun meet! Good to see some new faces and some old ones too!

The results are below should anyone need a reminder of their times and number of laps completed.

Same time again next year for the Christmas karting club?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    931.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  clio 182 trophy
A big thanks to @Filters for organising and everyone for a great meet!
Had a cracking time but my back has seen better days!:smile:
Looking forward to the footage too.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Love how you didn't admit it until now! Was great fun with everyone being very even!
Didn't know it was me until I watched the footage back chap, how ever I did say it might well of been me....which is why I said to M4D that we'd know for certain after watching it lol

Who'll admit to taking me out whilst I was lapping them though ehhh ;)

Last edited:
  Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Fair play to you guys, that was a hoot - Already looking forward to the next meet!

special thanks to @Filters for organising the day (also letting me doss at your house and feeding me home made tiramisu! nom!!)

the word "epic" gets over used these days, but today has been just that! EPIC!

My face hurts from laughing and my body aches from karting, I had no idea it was physically demanding! Track days are SO much easier! but a great laugh which I thoroughly enjoyed! even if I did come last! :tongueout:

Great to meet you guys and put faces to forum names! Cheers for coming guys! still smiling!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Guys i'd like to thank you all for yet another great meet, i had a awesome laugh and just like dano my face was hurting from laughing.
It was nice to meet new and old faces with similar personalities which made the night very pleasurable.
Can't wait for the next meet have only just got in so will go over the footage today/tomorrow and hope that due to the Low amount from light it's still recorded in good quality.

Filters don't worry about, and thanks for organising the meet:smile:.

clio 182 trophy
MOTHER FUCKER MY RIBS HURT!!!
Lol me left ribs took a hammering going into the barrier sideways on the top tier at about 30!lol.
Any progress on the footage lads? I want to see the carnage towards the end where everyone was fighting to get infront! Was laughing my nuts off at some of the contact! 'RIIIIIIIGGGHHT TTTHHHEEEEEENNN, karting is a non contact sport!' Really? Not with our group!haha

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
MOTHER FUCKER MY RIBS HURT!!!

:smile: and so they should. That's what happens when you take out people that are lapping you :wink:

In all seriousness, I hope everyone's not to sore. Anyone else got blisters on there hands?

No need to thank me either lads, it was a forking pleasure to have a meet that was fun.

Though to be honest I think I gave birth to a chicken this morning.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
:smile: and so they should. That's what happens when you take out people that are lapping you :wink:

In all seriousness, I hope everyone's not to sore. Anyone else got blisters on there hands?

No need to thank me either lads, it was a forking pleasure to have a meet that was fun.

Though to be honest I think I gave birth to a chicken this morning.

I was trying to unlap myself. And I was quicker than you at that point. I had the inside line too :(

You would have had me back anyway so you didn't need to

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I was trying to unlap myself. And I was quicker than you at that point. I had the inside line too 😧

You would have had me back anyway so you didn't need to

To be fair to you.... I did intentionally turn in to you so it seems on the footage lmfao.

Though I was over taking you so you were slower ;)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I know I was watching lol. Would like to see the footage actually :)

After that I gave up, dropped to dead last and I was in pain 😧

Either way that line was mine lol

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I know I was watching lol.

After that I gave up, dropped to dead last and I was in pain 😧

Either way that line was mine lol

I was in pain before we started haha. I can barely move today!

You couldn't of dropped to dead last then though, the marshal set you off before me....the b*****d!! lol.

That inside line was yours indeed, the outside line was mine. Though being serious chap I hope I didn't put you in to much pain! :hushed:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I was in pain before we started haha. I can barely move today!

You couldn't of dropped to dead last then though, the marshal set you off before me....the b*****d!! lol.

That inside line was yours indeed, the outside line was mine. Though being serious chap I hope I didn't put you in to much pain! :hushed:

Yeah he pushed me off first because you cut me up lol. Honestly thought he was going to black flag you then because he looked pissed and signalled toward another marshal. But glad he didn't tbh as it's only a bit of fun.

Yeah I dropped to last on the screen. I overtook towards the end then though.

It did hurt but nowhere near as much as it did underneath, tapped the brakes, back end stepped out 3 karts right into my side, threw me out of my seat. Not pleasant at all

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah he pushed me off first because you cut me up lol. Honestly thought he was going to black flag you then because he looked pissed and signalled toward another marshal. But glad he didn't tbh as it's only a bit of fun.

Yeah I dropped to last on the screen. I overtook towards the end then though.

It did hurt but nowhere near as much as it did underneath, tapped the brakes, back end stepped out 3 karts right into my side, threw me out of my seat. Not pleasant at all

Ahh I think I have that crash on camera too. Two crashes were caused by that Marshall who was on track. I've got plenty of footage of him cutting people up, causing crashes and blocking others from making overtakes! Your 3 kart pile-up was caused by him.

I'm half tempted to ring up and ask the manager what the score was there and why he was on track.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah he was out and about with the guys before us too.

The chicane up the top, where the right was supposed to give way to the left. He shot through there telling me to slow down when I was on the left.

But to be fair other than that he just got in my way rather than hit me or anything

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah he was out and about with the guys before us too.

The chicane up the top, where the right was supposed to give way to the left. He shot through there telling me to slow down when I was on the left.

But to be fair other than that he just got in my way rather than hit me or anything

That's my point chap he at somepoints got in everyone's way. Bad form as far as SupaKart goes and as we paid a total of £410 I'm not to happy that he was on track causing accidents and slowing others down.

Words will be had tomorrow.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Guys I've had chance to have a quick look at the footage and i'm not overly happy about the quality, I had a bit of a concern with the lighting conditions when we got there as go-pro are known for bad recording in low light conditions regardless of what settings used.

I'll still edit the video as parts are ok but the hairpin underneath where there was no lights it's a bit dingy.

Will get it up as soon as it's all edited together.

The last 10 mins was proper touring car style racing!! Muscling each other around on bends, nudging and pushing. Was proper fun! [emoji106] [emoji5]

Surprised none of us got flagged to be fair. Lol
I know! At the end I had a rare opportunity where I was in front (the fact you'd all lapped me doesn't count...) and I was happy there until the up ramp.
Someone hit me.
And someone else hit me.
Then somebody else hit me.
I think about 5 people nailed me the f**k out of the way! :stig:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It is dark in there.... and as much as we'd all like to see it in nice quality, I think we will all be pleased with even a bad quality view of the carnage![emoji106]

Its only to watch back and have a laugh at. [emoji5]

I'm in the process of editing the footage as well, it's a little dark at points but on the whole it's funny as hell!

Several good crashes, several bad ones, lots of bumper bashing, lots of passing and lapping. Sound qualities a bit muffed up but on the whole it's funny as feck!!