ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West Airfield Pics - August 06

Not too many this time (every time I looked at a car to take a pic I spent a further 2 minutes cleaning my eyes out, got 300 pics instead of the usual 700+) so they are all in one album here. As usual the red cars have the most pics because they are much easier to photograph, so lots of clio_head and Clarkie's 5!

As always if you have any specific requests for any of the pics (full size originals, crops, whatever) just give me a shout and I will be happy to sort it out.

Videos to follow in a few days, got 2Gb of that to sort through.

A few of my favourites...

91090568-M.jpg

91090475-M.jpg

91090537-M.jpg

91090563-M.jpg

91090543-M.jpg

91090467-M.jpg

91090552-M.jpg

91090572-M.jpg

91090600-M.jpg

91090483-M.jpg

91090581-M.jpg

91090560-M.jpg

As I always get asked, I used a Panasonic FZ20. This time with a circular polarizer attached, worked wonders as I had it set up to cut through reflections in the windscreens. Last outing for the old boy, changing to a Sony R1 soon.

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
b******s.. the lot of ya!

nahh, looks like you had a great day, so gutted i missed it!

At least I have an extra £45 to my name!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Some good pics mate, too true about the dust and stuff flying up in the eyes, they're stinging like bitches this morning!

My car smells of poo and I'm sunburnt as well...

clio v6
superb mate.......i spent more time looking out of the side window than i did out of the windscreen..

how that fiat stayed upright is behond belief!!

Last edited:
Ads_172 said:
Some good pics mate, too true about the dust and stuff flying up in the eyes, they're stinging like b*tches this morning!

My car smells of poo and I'm sunburnt as well...

lol,

smell of poo - check
car smell of poo - check
sunburnt - check
clothes covered in grit - check
ears full of grit - check
shower floor coated with an inch of grit - check
eyes bloodshot and stinging like crazy - check

All good fun though :)

I might have to do a seperate thread in General Automotive Media for the 5 Alex, got some good shots and vid!

jim

bmw325
nice pics bud i dont suppose you have any pics of me going sideways please it would be most appreciated . thank you from the guy who cant drive in the bmw 325. so i can show them thanks again.

Last edited:
  Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Brilliant pics as always, love this shot of the 5 with Alex looking very determined

91090581-M.jpg

jim said:
nice pics bud i dont suppose you have any pics of me going sideways please it would be most appreciated . thank you from the guy who cant drive in the bmw 325. so i can show them thanks again.
You didn't do bad even more so as it was your first time there. Manual box next ?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
clarkiev6 said:
don't know about determined bunzee...more like hanging on!!!

Well it looks impressive anyhow lol.

Still waiting for FK to get back to me about my coilovers btw :dapprove: will get on the phone and nag them this week.

jim

bmw325
edde said:
You didn't do bad even more so as it was your first time there. Manual box next ?
.cheers bud it was a great day and you were all a good bunch of blokes . im hoping to buy something a bit better for track fun.:D

91090483-M.jpg

whose car is this? loving the black wheels, what wheels are they, can't quite tell. willy steels maybe?
cheers Ian

Twingo 133
Good pics there, I enjoyed the day.
Yeah thats mine, with powder coated black Williams wheels.

Freebone said:
wicked pics chris mate...were did you go on the way home?

A303, forgot to say I would be heading that way, pretty quick route back to mine.

Ads: no drag shots, had packed the camera up by then as Tucks forced me to run S25!

Jim: will have a look through and post some up if I've got any. Just downloading 850 Castle Combe pics from today to my PC so it's a little on the slow side.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah, course mate, I should know you were running, I was sat beside you!

I wonder how many people have a shot of Cliohead pulling a face or a silly run!?!

Ads_172 said:
Ah, course mate, I should know you were running, I was sat beside you!

I was waiting for it to hit you! Thinking when I got home that I should have got the video camera out for the drag, you could have filmed Tucks as I drove alongside him in our synchronised 0-100 display :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
That would have been cool, especially considering how close it was and the faces he was pulling! A true Kodak moment.

Starlet GT Turbo
Hiya just thought i'd join and say thanx for a great day thankyou ben for taking me :D you were right they all are great bunch of ppl :approve:

Clarkie thanku soooo much for the drive in the R5 was ace to feel a good powered car from the rears!!