ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southend Meet January 22nd 2011

Meal?

• Yes

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • No thanks, just a meet.

Votes: 38 55.9%

• Total voters
  mk2 ph1 1.6 16v MTV
It was really good to meet everyone! And put names to faces/cars!! I didnt get to meet everyone though :( was a great turn out!! Looking forward to the next one!! :)

UR R26
Thanks for the tea and hosting our farmer ways. Despite the fact I drove 412miles, didn't get home till 2:40, had cramp in both legs. I had a wicked time.

Kudos to the organisers, Rob for organising the saaf London convoy. EvilGiraffe, Danny and Sash for being kind hosts.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Thanks for the tea and hosting our farmer ways. Despite the fact I drove 412miles, didn't get home till 2:40, had cramp in both legs. I had a wicked time.

Kudos to the organisers, Rob for organising the saaf London convoy. EvilGiraffe, Danny and Sash for being kind hosts.

Glad you got home safely! Good to meet you both :)

Looking for 182
It was great to meet some like minded enthusiasts :)

I almost didn't make it as I got completed lost at one point and ended up going around a roundabout about 8 times until I eventually saw someone, who I followed down to the sea front :)

a turbo'd yellow car
lovely car mate, is yours standard? as it seems quicker than others i've had a play with. Lol I couldn't beleive the size of that flame!! I have no idea what the seat is running tbh, not only could I not keep up in a straight line but but I had my budget skinny tyres on, understeer yo! I just couldn't put the power down coming off those roundabouts.
It was nice to convoy back with you lot cheers.

No its got 282bhp and 344ft/lbs torque. ;) The only one that was standard was the TT at 225bhp. The Subaru that popped a flame has a sparkplug drilled into the exhaust end so it lights the unburnt fuel when you let off lol.

Was it you who was behind me all the way from the sea front, thought it s was a BMW 330? Either way once we hit the roundabouts the LSD helped me put the power down. :)

Lets just say, if there were old bill about we wouldn’t be getting points. :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
No its got 282bhp and 344ft/lbs torque. ;) The only one that was standard was the TT at 225bhp. The Subaru that popped a flame has a sparkplug drilled into the exhaust end so it lights the unburnt fuel when you let off lol.

Was it you who was behind me all the way from the sea front, thought it s was a BMW 330? Either way once we hit the roundabouts the LSD helped me put the power down. :)

Lets just say, if there were old bill about we wouldn’t be getting points. :eek:

He must of burnt a tank of fuel lol. Yes I was behind all the way from the seafront. The tt was the only one I could actually keep with. No wonder why I struggled with yours bloody hell lol. Did you see the corsa get happy with its main beams after the scooby nearly set it alight? Shouldn't have been doing 50 in the middle lane I suppose. Quite amusing Haha.

Last edited:
  a turbo'd yellow car
He must of burnt a tank of fuel lol. Yes I was behind all the way from the seafront. The tt was the only one I could actually keep with. No wonder why I struggled with yours bloody hell lol. Did you see the corsa get happy with its main beams after the scooby nearly set it alight? Shouldn't have been doing 50 in the middle lane I suppose. Quite amusing Haha.

Saw lots of sh1t last night. You should of stuck with us and made yourself known as we went and done a tunnel run. Stopped all the traffic 4 times down to 20mph so we could get a good run each time. The TT was getting some abuse from the lorry drivers lol.

So do the toledo's have the same engine as the leon cupra's?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Saw lots of sh1t last night. You should of stuck with us and made yourself known as we went and done a tunnel run. Stopped all the traffic 4 times down to 20mph so we could get a good run each time. The TT was getting some abuse from the lorry drivers lol.

So do the toledo's have the same engine as the leon cupra's?

Ahh man I thought you was off home! Lol I would have loved to hear them in the tunnel. I have the same diesel engine as the leon fr, the toledos come with all the same engines except the 225. I think mine needs some improving lol

a turbo'd yellow car
Plenty of torque then once mapped. Proper sleeper as you don't see many to know what they can do. We went Dover then lakeside, over to city airport then home at 1.30am, long night but worth it. The Scooby got pulled by the filth for his plates which topped it all ha ha.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Plenty of torque then once mapped. Proper sleeper as you don't see many to know what they can do. We went Dover then lakeside, over to city airport then home at 1.30am, long night but worth it. The Scooby got pulled by the filth for his plates which topped it all ha ha.

Sounds like I left far too early! Yer the toledo looks like a proper grandads car haha. Did he get a fine or anything?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I was after a sticker but I didn't meet you?!

Sorry, I didn't get to speak to half as many people as i'd liked to

Went off for a drink, came back to say hello to Brian and his car was gone.

Guess there's always FCS and TRAX this year, I will make more of an effort!

:( I did see your car though, so was pleased to see you coped with the speed bumps. See you at Fcs/Trax!

Brian will HAVE to attend or his car will forget what it's purpose is

LOL, true!

Good to meet up with James, Brian and Rob. See you all again soon!!

Yep, good to (finally) see you! ;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Just got home. 'twas good to meet new faces and see some old ones. Some lovely cars about. Won't be heading to southend soon though ;)

6 hours worth of driving, 400 miles, 44mpg and a tank of fuel. Awesome night tbh.

I can't feel my legs :(. Pics tomorrow.

:hail: Very good to see you 2 yesterday.

Who knows, I could be tempted to venture over to your patch this year, 200 could do with it's legs stretching!

Megane 225 F1
Obviously Will. and Dan' will be attending, as they are honorary Essex geezers for their efforts today. Mentalists.

I feel accepted :D Not as mental as Rob going for a run!!!

Good to see you two on the way home last night on the M25.. figured you'd been to Southend. I couldn't get there until quite late so missed alot of the goings on. Great effort for coming all that way!! I thought I was traveling a fair distance... but only 25% of what you guys did!! I got bored hanging around on the M25, then had that diversion to miss J9 - J10 and got stuck behind a complete 'tard ion that diversion, so just wanted to get my foot down and get some sleep.. lol

OH that was you! We couldn't for the life of us work it out. When we got back onto the M25 you were gone like the wind!

Glad you got home safely! Good to meet you both :)

And you. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the shed.

:hail: Very good to see you 2 yesterday.

Who knows, I could be tempted to venture over to your patch this year, 200 could do with it's legs stretching!

You should. OH and so should everyone else. There's the Castle Combe action performance day in April ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I feel accepted :D Not as mental as Rob going for a run!!!
And you. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the shed.
You should. OH and so should everyone else. There's the Castle Combe action performance day in April ;)

I think she'd have been disappointed if you did get a pic of her dirty shed. She should be ashamed...

Castle Combe ? Tell me more already !

Megane 225 F1
I think she'd have been disappointed if you did get a pic of her dirty shed. She should be ashamed...

Castle Combe ? Tell me more already !

It's a smaller version of Trax or FCS. We usually have a stand of around 25 cars. Lot's of cars on track and it's more fun to watch than at the other car shows because a lot more people crash or go off. And there is usually a drift performance as well.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Met you last year at Trax you silly sausage.. lol We gate crashed your stand with Bill Patchall and oldskoolbaby's v6's. It was me that asked if we could join you.. ;)

Yeah, sorry, I didn't word that very well. Was trying to refer to your lateness. I remember you guys gate crashing our stand well (you're welcome again this year!)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Yeah, sorry, I didn't word that very well. Was trying to refer to your lateness. I remember you guys gate crashing our stand well (you're welcome again this year!)

Haha.. my lateness is legendary lol. Thanks for the invite Brian.. will certainly bear it mind for this year too. Cheers.. :)